Gel and SLA type Batteries

Participant count
  • Participant list
I only want to use them if it is going to work good otherwise I will just get a few Northstar or Deka batteries One for under hood a one or 2 smaller one for the rear
I see your point on this.

Gel cell batteries don't like quick charging or discharging. They're not ideal for car audio, yes.

How much power are you running? If it's not a huge amount and the batteries won't be stressed discharging a ton, I'd run them because they're free. If your alternator can't keep up, yeah you'll need something better suited.

As long as it's not a wet cell battery you will be fine using it.
Even AGM's are technically "wet cell" batteries though. Standard lead acid vented batteries shouldn't be used inside the vehicle because they vent gas

Gel cell batteries are sealed like AGM's, so they won't pose a threat.

It annoys me that my boss thinks AGM and gel cell batteries are the same. The owner of the shop tells customers that there's gel inside the AGM batteries we sell. I've told him numerous times that it's fiberglass mat inside the batteries with the electrolyte, but he refuses to listen to reason.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.