Galant wall, 10 obsidian 10's ported 2 7kw amps. ;)

Got both sides done. Gonna hook a saz 3000 up to it and try it tomorrow. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

didnt get to try it out, still need to seal behind the sun roof, bondo the sides, make a comp amp rack on the floor and install a set of mids. i did run my power wire today. hopefully next wekk ill get to order my mids and batts.

here is a little pic for now.

2 cans of foam and the space behind the sunroof is sealed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif gonna try to play it today and see how it sounds on my buddys sundown 3k. If it plays lows well i know the cabin is sealed up pretty good.

noiceee, keep up the good work. fired up my two 10's and saz3000d today as well and was mighty impressed, i'm sure you will be too with the hard work you have put in.

noiceee, keep up the good work. fired up my two 10's and saz3000d today as well and was mighty impressed, i'm sure you will be too with the hard work you have put in.
Thanks, im pretty happy with it the way it has came out, esp since this was my first wall and first time glassing. Should be loud, 800 oz of motor force and a touch more cone area than 2 18's on about 11k clamped when i get my amps in.

If it sounds good im gonna take all the subs out, carpet the face, paint the port and sand and bondo the crap spots on the fiberglass walls.

Well tested her out today. I was dissapointed and pleased with it at the same time lol. I tried it out on my bros crescendo 5500 at .25 ohm. Amp was protect happy without the car revved. I got a ton of power out of it unclipped though. Box was hella loud from 42 hz to about 62hz. It faded at 40 and died in output at 35. Same at about 63 and up, of course that might have been the crossover. Moved some air at the lower hz but had no output. But holy shat, from 42 and up it hurts. Got a small youtube vid im posting up, had the volume at 3/4 car at idle, open the door at the end and unloaded the subs and it made it protect.

Like i said, this was not near clipping and the voltage was holding the amp back. Im going to try to put 4 amps on this setup @ .5 ohm each amp and i think itll be crazy. Maybe 4 aq 3500.1's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif ?

We burped it for around an hour on tones and the subs werent warm at all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif thats 8 coils for ya.

But im gonna keep it like is and put a layer of second skin sludge on the doors along with 2 layers of mat and see if it lowers the resonance of the cabin enough to pick up the lows. If not, a 5.5 inch port extension is going on it.

Vid is uploading, should be posted in a few, like i said this is 3/4 volume of the amp unclipped. No idea on power but im guessing 3.5 kw or so.

any expectations as far as a # goes? and any ideas as to what it's doing now, in your ear's TermLab?
Idk man, ive never had a car that plays that high. It hurt even at 55 hz, it was like a whole body hurt lol, a 151 or so at 35hz just hurts your ears. This HURTS. Im gonna say over a 152 at the headrest. Outlaw usac style i bet its 153+ easy. its not made for numbers either, port on the bottom is good for daily. My car just has no deadning in it at all. So hopefully the resonance will lower when i deaden it.

Me and my bro ride in vehicles that do 151's or so on a daily basis and this is on another level.

I cant wait to put some real money in this thing and do hdc3's on like 16kw. Gonna break ****. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

You sure that baffle isn't flexing? Might consider putting another layer on the front. If you flush mount the subs you lose nothing and gain more strength (plus flush mounting usually gains on the meter).

You sure that baffle isn't flexing? Might consider putting another layer on the front. If you flush mount the subs you lose nothing and gain more strength (plus flush mounting usually gains on the meter).
I didnt see any flex. Ill have to look closer next time i test it. I was really just listening to it this time.

Id rather put 3 big pieces of all thread on the front hooked to the back. Honestly i hate working with glue and wood. Metal is more my thing.

But like i said the face seemed solid, there is so many subs so close to each other on the face i think they add bracing. Every other side has a 2x4 bracing it so i think they are good.

My car has never played lows worth a crap and ive had 3 trunk systems in it. So idk maybe the resonance is just really high.

Hmmmm. After some reading it seems i should gain on the lows if i get it sealed off better. So im gonna check the whole wall out tomrrow for leaks. Its seams really sealed tight now though, itll make the sunroof move from pressure shutting the front door with the trunk and back doors open so idk. Might brace the side walls better and see that helps. I really dont wanna tune it lower because i like the way the highs sound now.

Well more testing, ill see what happens tommorrow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.