Galant wall, 10 obsidian 10's ported 2 7kw amps. ;)

If it's not a burp box why the 40hz tunning?
Because itll still play low. Every other setup ive done with aq has been tuned to 38 and peaked around 36 or so. I dont forsee any phase issues, ill have all 8 subs mounted above the port with the port on the bottom. Nominal load will be .5 ohms, going to be running one big amp for now. I will test it on my brothers crescendo 5500 then hopefully get a ct sounds 7000.

I wandered the same thing I'm thinking space issues
Its very very close on space, each 10 will see 1.2 cubes net tuned to 40hz with 21.375" port area. Im guessing this setup will do a 153+ easy in the high 30hz range at the headrest. I helped my friend do a similar build with 5 sa 10's and it was doing 151's at 35hz with 3kw and the wall not fully sealed from the back of the car.

Its very very close on space, each 10 will see 1.2 cubes net tuned to 40hz with 21.375" port area. Im guessing this setup will do a 153+ easy in the high 30hz range at the headrest. I helped my friend do a similar build with 5 sa 10's and it was doing 151's at 35hz with 3kw and the wall not fully sealed from the back of the car.
We were wandering why you tuned so high for a daily setup?

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Nvm I didn't see the post before the one you tagged me in

thats just insanity in box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol it looks intense. I got the box in the car after i took my door off. I got it hooked up on a kicker 200.4 and honestly it was pretty loud not even sealed off at all. These subs are very efficient. Even on like 30-40 watts a piece they were movin. Gonna put a saz 3000 on it tonight and hopefully itll bang. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

thats awesome you will have to get metered sometime i have been hearing a lot of good things about those brand of subs and thats what im shooting for. i got a DD right now its pretty good just need a better amp.

Yea, ill get it metered. Just got the box screwed down with brackets, glassed the box to the bottom mold, and im working on glassing the sides. They are gonna be a *****. But its gonna look bad *** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Boom put her in the car by myself. Birch FTMFW.

Ready to glass, fleece is stapled to the box then hot glued to the tape on the car.

glassed

Roof done besides beauty plate

floor sealed besides the edges im gonna seal with the flush false floor.

getting closer, on the passenger side i got 1 layer of glass down and **** is solid. gonna do 3 on each side then glass a 2x4 on the back and the sides will be done.

It's gonna be loud!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.