Gain setting question

Participant count
  • Participant list
I just set my gains using a dmm and I noticed I needed to set it at something like 85% of its max. I'm pretty sure this is because I only have a 2v output from my head unit. My question is does it make a difference where the gain nob is set as long as it matches the output of the head unit? Is it bad for the amp to set the gain nob too high?

Flat eq with filters off, no bass boost or boosts of any kind on. Sub level at full. Volume was 41/62. The only option I'd have to use less gain would be to increase the volume, which I could do if it's a good idea and better for my amp.

ok, my radio goes to 62 too, i set mine to my everyday listening preference, then set my gains, mines right @ about 31 on hu and a dab over half on amp gain... and if you decide to use boost do it prior to setting, i wouldn't recommend over 3/4 gain on any amp if you can't get it out of that amp, get better hu, 4v or better, or get a larger amp...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.