dead amps. first time repair.

Participant count
  • Participant list

bumpinturbo

ca
eclipse 33250 premium-powers up, plays music, crossover doesnt work for lowpass...should i just get an external crossover and call it done?

Jenson jpa260- powers up, no sound, im a newb but it appears to have only 4 fets. 3 tested bad with my dmm. 2 bad on one side and 1 bad on the other. fets are fmg22r, fmg22s, and fb e24 fqp 50n06. one row of fets is for power, one for sound and i dont know witch is witch. ill try to get some pics up l8r

coustic 481qe- powers up, no sound, 12 fets tested bad lol. one side is really burnt looking. ill just replace those first and see if it works i guess, fets are irfz46n 207k (8 of these inside), mospec f12c20a a2b, f12c20c a3b, f12c20c a1b.

this will be my first time repairing an amp. been doing lots of research. Any tips would help alot. maybe some tips on getting fets that will work, maybe some that are cheaper and/or run colder? also i couldnt find schematics of the amps and i have no idea witch fets are for power or sound, that would be very helpfull to know...ty all

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.