Fusion's 1995 Acura Integra GS-R Build/Clean-up Thread

you should have gotten the LS and thrown a vtec head on it... but none the less a nice little whip ya got...Make sure to post pics when painted...

Oh yeah, no way you do 80 in 2nd gear had one and no dice...just feels like it:p:

I think that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to try and clean it one more time with a steam cleaner. If that doesn't work, the OE carpet is $130.
I actually like the stock seats, and those are in mint condition, not one hole or tear. They keep me in place on a hard corner, and are a lot more comfortable than the Civic. I was thinking about finding a black leather interior, but I'm in Florida... They'd be hot as **** in the summer time.

What sub(s) do you have in mind? I have no cash in the bank or PayPal though..
Chances are very slim that the grime from 14 year old carpet is going to come out.

Leather interiors aren't all that hot. Especially if you can get perforated leather. I may be in Wisconsin, but it gets almost as hot and every bit as humid up here in the summer.

Subs are 10" ID OEMs. I have 3, one of which has a bent basket that's an easy fix. Very low volume requirements, so you don't have to worry about adding too much weight to your ride. PM me if you want some more info

looking at the op's sig with those bolt ons there is no way in hell he is going to get anywhere near 200whp

op- do your self a favor go over to http://www.team-integra.net and do some research and gain some knowledge about your car.

It is an awesome site that will help you immensely

i don't know about 80 in 2nd gear..i had a 94 gs-r and it didn't do 80 in 2nd, felt like it though..

only get an LS tranny if you plan on going turbo.

you'll have a lot of fun with this car..make sure you get a good 2-way alarm and add a couple cut-off switches..

makes me miss my gs-r

i don't know about 80 in 2nd gear..i had a 94 gs-r and it didn't do 80 in 2nd, felt like it though..only get an LS tranny if you plan on going turbo.

you'll have a lot of fun with this car..make sure you get a good 2-way alarm and add a couple cut-off switches..

makes me miss my gs-r
Yea, it does about 60 in 2nd, but it's acceleration is amazing.

After it gets painted, I'm getting an alarm. Fuel cut-off, hiden alarm brain, all that will be done.

I want to turbo it, but it's my daily driver, and I can't risk reliability just to go fast. The car is already fast enough to spank a lot of cars. I'm going to do cams, and a couple other things, but I mainly want to stay N/A until I get the money to buy all quality parts.

Nice 'lude in your sig. What year is it?

my friend just built a gs-r. built block type r head, tuned by evans, revs to 9500 makes 192whp. i love that car i miss mine alot //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I had a GS-R when I was in high school. Awesome car. You definately have your work cut out for you. As a recent Honda owner, I'm sure you know the ill-effects of using ebay parts? Do it right the first time and never have to worry about it again.

Any plans on what color you will paint it? You should get yourself a set of 98-99' GS-R polished blades. GL with her and keep us posted.

Yea, it does about 60 in 2nd, but it's acceleration is amazing.
After it gets painted, I'm getting an alarm. Fuel cut-off, hiden alarm brain, all that will be done.

I want to turbo it, but it's my daily driver, and I can't risk reliability just to go fast. The car is already fast enough to spank a lot of cars. I'm going to do cams, and a couple other things, but I mainly want to stay N/A until I get the money to buy all quality parts.

/QUOTE]

Smart man. Even if you want to just hone the block, put new internals in and a good valvetrain with stock cams, you can make clean, reliable power with a good turbo kit. Full-Race, Inline Pro, LoveFab, and Spoolin' Performance all make awesome kits that will get you what you pay for.

It's getting painted black. Going in the body shop on Monday. Was going to drop it off this past Wednesday, but I wanted the car for the week end.

I'm looking to get a set of Blades, or Falken Hanabi's.

Oh, I know about eBay ****.. Only thing I'd buy from eBay again (which I don't have to) is an intake or the like.

I looked for a Type R head, and couldn't find one less than $600, and that was naked, no valves or anything. I'm probably just going to get a set of CTR cams, titanium valve springs, and upgraded retainers; probably Skunk2

As for now though, my main focus is getting it painted.

I also whooped a VW Passat 1.8t last night. It was a friend of a friend and he's been **** talking for a whiiiile. He felt confident, so I told him put money on it.

Quick and easy $50 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It's getting painted black. Going in the body shop on Monday. Was going to drop it off this past Wednesday, but I wanted the car for the week end.
I'm looking to get a set of Blades, or Falken Hanabi's.

Oh, I know about eBay ****.. Only thing I'd buy from eBay again (which I don't have to) is an intake or the like.

I looked for a Type R head, and couldn't find one less than $600, and that was naked, no valves or anything. I'm probably just going to get a set of CTR cams, titanium valve springs, and upgraded retainers; probably Skunk2

As for now though, my main focus is getting it painted.

I also whooped a VW Passat 1.8t last night. It was a friend of a friend and he's been **** talking for a whiiiile. He felt confident, so I told him put money on it.

sounds like you missed agear up top;)

i've loved these cars, a buddy of mine had one. I went out and bought my RSX and he had to get an RSX-S lol.

Out of curiosity, is this a faster car than the base rsx that I have with the K20a?

I'm not a speed freak, just curious on the specs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.