fusing the power wires

Participant count
  • Participant list

crzybob77
10+ year member

Got a couple of questions on fusing power wires. Firstly, if i got something like this ( http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/STIS48ADAPT ) and put it on the end of a 4 ga wire to get it into my 4 channel amp that accepts only up to 8 ga, then would i fuse the wire like a 4 ga wire or a 8 ga wire. I was wondering because it is going to be a 4 ga wire all the way up to the very tip that has this adapter on it that goes into the amp. Secondly, I have a 4 ga main power wire and it is obviously fused near the battery, well, if i have a distro block that is not fused and the main wire is the 4 ga that is already fused, and then one of the wires coming out of the distro block is also 4 ga, then do i need to fuse that wire after the distro block. I was wondering becuase i heard that you only need to fuse the wire after this distro block if thee wire ga. coming out of the distro block is smaller than the main wire. Sorry if this is confusing, but if you can make sense of my question, please answer it. Thanks

Not fully understanding what you are asking, but im gonna say you should fuse the power wire before the distro block, because if that fuse pops then it never reaches your wires coming out of the distro block.......saying that everything stops at the fuse never proceding to the other 3 wires...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.