Fusing help

malic
10+ year member

IM SOOO ICEEEEEEY!!!
okc
I am about to do an install in my vehicle and I'm running the Z1a and a solo x 18" I was wondering about fuses. There will be 3 to 4 positive runs to my battery bank, then 2 negative runs. I was told to fuse right at the under hood battery and that's it. What do you guys think??

fuse is some what based on wire size.... but more based on draw of the amp.... match the fuse under the hood with the amps fuse size....

if you are going to have a batt or batt's in the rear of the vehicle make sure you fuse under the hood and at the back batt's... and then have a fused disto black off to the amps... and you should be coverd...

I would fuse after each battery setup. The one under the hood and the one(s) in the trunk. This way you are safe and covered reguardless.

Forgot to mention I'm running 1/0, sorry. The Z1a doesn't have any fuses on it. And do you mean fuse between every battery that I add in the rear?? I was told to fuse every positive run off of the primary battery with a 300 amp ANL and I'd be fine....

So fuse between each battery in the rear? I was planning on using buss bars to link my batteries in the rear together, how would I fuse that? Thanks for the help.

between front batt and the back batts you need a 300 amp ANL fuse and from the last batt in the back to the amps you do the same thing

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.