fuse keeps blowing...

IshbOO
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I was riding around yesterday and my fuses blew on my amp. Today I went to get new fuses, replaced them. Then hooked it back up, then when I start the car my inline fuse breaks under the hood. I blew three in a row, I can't seem to get to the point when the map turns on, it blows before anything happens.

Anyone know what I could do to solve this problem, I got a local comp to be at next weekend.

I blew 2 60amp fuses, then went to an 80amp and blew it, and this is all on a 4g. power wire.

Yeah i'll agree. DONT PUT A BIGGER FUSE IN THERE

check where the wire rubs constantly on something, or where maybe some loose wire got grounded... or something.

9 posts left

Well, I went to the local shop today, right as I said "when i turn on my car or my battery, my inline fuse blows" he said my amp was blown. So I have to miss out on this local comp, miss out on building my new box, and miss out on any nice music until i get this fixed. I have it under warranty and it will take 4 weeks to get it fixed. The only thing I could try is to rewire everything and make sure everything has nice connections such as the ground. But it has worked fine for a while, and im pretty sure the wires are fine.

If anyone else has any other suggestions let me know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.