Funny Smell coming from my...

speakerdude123
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
WA
Put a 12'' type R in a custom box (running it off 600rms, JH600), been running it for about a month now, after about 1 or 2 weeks it started to smell funny but only when I bang it hard with low bass.

Just wondering if this is just a break in smell or what, can someone give me some info?

INFO: Have the gain turned about half, db set all the way down, the sub sonic and other thing set about mid way, and the LOC is barley turned past the minimum lvl.

*smells kinda like cow manure, when I put my head next to the vent I get a big whiff of it so im positive it is coming from inside the box.

one rule of thumb hearing music is awesome and feeling it is cool BUT smelling it is bad! new coil smell doesn't happen over and over I think you are playing songs below tuning and your gain is most likely set to high. set the gain with a dmm you will have better luck.

Then why would you call it custom?
As in, not prefab. Would've thought that to be obvious.
What's not so obvious is why you chose to make your first post by bumping someone else's thread from September?

As in, not prefab. Would've thought that to be obvious.
What's not so obvious is why you chose to make your first post by bumping someone else's thread from September?
Thats what the introduction section is for. now we won't acknowledge anything you say until you introduce yourself you rude bastard. :]

because he searched type rs because he is running some and trying to find out why his dont work....thats my guess i think its pretty dead on tho
Good bet.
Funny smell coming from my crotch. Pardon me.

They Type R's, they always get stinky when you wang em. I ran a couple of 12's off 1200w for over a year and they always got a lil stinky at full tilt. Beastly subs though, I loved em.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.