full truck changeout 06 tundra DC, Calling everyone including vendors!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello. I have a 2006 double cab tundra non-jbl system.

I'm looking for a package deal for the entire truck.

Right now it has factory tweeters on the mirror mounts and looks like 6.5 in all doors.

I am looking for a 2-way or 3-way set for the front doors. The jbl system used a small 2" (I think) midrange so that would be a must to go 3way. The rear doors would be fine with a coaxial speaker.

My main wants for the speakers are.

Ability to be loud and clear

Exceptional midbass capability

Ability to be placed In factory positions

Would prefer a complete marching set

The doors with receive full treatments, not full on audiophile sq but sealing deadening etc. Also these will be driven by a zed draconia 3

Also looking for sub's that can function in extremely small spaces with good output sealed or one sub that has good output in a small Ported box. I taking a guess but its probably .5-.7 cuft tops. Sub's sizes would range from 6.5-10" (10" would be extremely limited by size requirements)

Please bring all offers or ideas. Thanks for reading!

Do the packages not specified for the 2007+ fit the 2006 and lower?
I'm sorry, I didn't notice you have a 2006. The front doors have very little clearance for speakers. None of our Tundra speaker kits are made specifically for the 1st generation Tundra. We would need to do one of the slim mid-woofers, such as CL-6SL or the upcoming HD-6iM or the new 1.7" deep HD mid-woofer that has not yet gone into production. HD-6iM would give the best performance, but it is quite an expensive driver since it uses a neodymium motor and a very special frame.

How much do you want to spend for everything?

I havent set a exact budget I wasnt really trying to go crazy with it, I would probably say around 750-800 max with shipping included on all that. I was reading on some tundras forums and people were saying the front was plenty deep with the factory bracket. I may be confused or they might have been talking about the back doors. I guess I'll have to pull the doors and take some measurements to be 100% sure.

How much would I be lookin at with the slim models? How expensive is that new driver going to be?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have set a exact budget I wasnt really trying to go crazy with it, I would probably say around 750-800 max with shipping included on all that. I was reading on some tundras forums and people were saying the front was plenty deep with the factory bracket. I may be confused or they might have been talking about the back doors. I guess I'll have to pull the doors and take some measurements to be 100% sure.
How much would I be lookin at with the slim models? How expensive is that new driver going to be?
It would be helpful if you could double check the clearance between the door and the window track. I have a 7/8" deep bracket for the 03-06 Tundras. If you have around 2" between the inner door skin and the window track then we can do a woofer such as MX-6F up front.

edit: I also have 1/4" and 1/2" spacers to further push the new woofer out from the door.

Prices on the new drivers aren't available yet, so I would have to guess. The original ES-6iM inverted magnet slim woofers sold for $349.99 per pair.

Ive read on tundra forums somone said the stock bracket gives an extra 1.7" depth. That maybe only the jbl system though because it uses a 7" driver. I'll check and report by the weekend

If its anything like my first gen Tundra (2000) you don't even have 2" of clearance. I went with the CDT ES6-iM mids and love them. Don't even need 1-7/8" to mount. Had to dremel out part of the factory bracket, but still fit well. However, they have a hard metal piece in the middle where the cone is an it pushes back against my door panel a little bit.

If its anything like my first gen Tundra (2000) you don't even have 2" of clearance. I went with the CDT ES6-iM mids and love them. Don't even need 1-7/8" to mount. Had to dremel out part of the factory bracket, but still fit well. However, they have a hard metal piece in the middle where the cone is an it pushes back against my door panel a little bit.
Man it very well could be! Given that you an trumpet said it was shallow, I'm really leaning towards I won't have clearance. I'm still going check and make sure. Thanks for the input though!

Hey SuperScrilla, with your budget we are limited on a few things. Since your truck has limitations on depth, it either requires building an adapter from mdf or buying slim line speakers. If you can build the speaker adapters yourself, you can save yourself a bit of money. We have some slimline speakers in stock but even with a discount it will still take up a good chunk of your build just for one set since they retail around $300. I will show you a write up with those and with normal speakers in case you decide to build some, or have a local shop build you some.

This is with the slimline speakers

Front & rear speakers - CDT CL62SL-CL-6EX $419.99msrp- SL mounting depth is 1.5" for the front which should fit and CL-6EX 2.5" for the rear, which should be no problem based on what I'm finding - CDT Audio CL-62SL Front Slim Comp Set & Rear CL-6EX Coaxial Set

Amp - Phoenix Gold 800.4 125 watts x 4 @ 4 ohms $229.99retail - Phoenix Gold SD 800.4 4 Channel Amplifier

Sub - Ultra A-10 10" 4 SVC Sub, handles 250 watts $150 - Ultra Audio A-10 10" Single 4 Ohm Subwoofer

Box - rear console sealed box .5^3ft $129 plus shipping (I think)- 2004-2006 TOYOTA TUNDRA DOUBLE CAB SINGLE SUB CONSOLE BOX - Sound Off Audio, Inc.

Amp - Phoenix Gold SX 400.1 $199.99retail, 250 watts @ 4 ohms - Phoenix Gold SX 400.1 Monoblock Amplifier

Amp wiring kits - 17' kit $35 retail apiece x 2 - T-Spec 4 Gauge Amp Kit (CCA)

All together would be $1200, which includes shipping for everything except the sub enclosure, although the enclosure is calculated into the price. But wait, there's more! For you Mr. SuperScrilla, will throw in a discount that you will not forget. I can do all that for $925, everything shipped except the enclosure (sorry that's out of my control). If you're wondering why we'd discount it that much, well, for two reasons. One, we got some of this stuff in at a bulk discount, so we're passing that onto you, and two, because we want to move product. Our loss is your gain.

Now, back to what I said before. If you decide to go with some baffles/adapters, I can get you the CL-61 component set, and HD-6EXCF for $875. The components won't be as good, but the coaxials are better than the in the set. For an easier fit and a better overall system I would go with the 62SL&6EX set, which you're technically getting a better deal on with the discount.

Hey SuperScrilla, with your budget we are limited on a few things. Since your truck has limitations on depth, it either requires building an adapter from mdf or buying slim line speakers. If you can build the speaker adapters yourself, you can save yourself a bit of money. We have some slimline speakers in stock but even with a discount it will still take up a good chunk of your build just for one set since they retail around $300. I will show you a write up with those and with normal speakers in case you decide to build some, or have a local shop build you some.
This is with the slimline speakers

Front & rear speakers - CDT CL62SL-CL-6EX $419.99msrp- SL mounting depth is 1.5" for the front which should fit and CL-6EX 2.5" for the rear, which should be no problem based on what I'm finding - CDT Audio CL-62SL Front Slim Comp Set & Rear CL-6EX Coaxial Set

Amp - Phoenix Gold 800.4 125 watts x 4 @ 4 ohms $229.99retail - Phoenix Gold SD 800.4 4 Channel Amplifier

Sub - Ultra A-10 10" 4 SVC Sub, handles 250 watts $150 - Ultra Audio A-10 10" Single 4 Ohm Subwoofer

Box - rear console sealed box .5^3ft $129 plus shipping (I think)- 2004-2006 TOYOTA TUNDRA DOUBLE CAB SINGLE SUB CONSOLE BOX - Sound Off Audio, Inc.

Amp - Phoenix Gold SX 400.1 $199.99retail, 250 watts @ 4 ohms - Phoenix Gold SX 400.1 Monoblock Amplifier

Amp wiring kits - 17' kit $35 retail apiece x 2 - T-Spec 4 Gauge Amp Kit (CCA)

All together would be $1200, which includes shipping for everything except the sub enclosure, although the enclosure is calculated into the price. But wait, there's more! For you Mr. SuperScrilla, will throw in a discount that you will not forget. I can do all that for $925, everything shipped except the enclosure (sorry that's out of my control). If you're wondering why we'd discount it that much, well, for two reasons. One, we got some of this stuff in at a bulk discount, so we're passing that onto you, and two, because we want to move product. Our loss is your gain.

Now, back to what I said before. If you decide to go with some baffles/adapters, I can get you the CL-61 component set, and HD-6EXCF for $875. The components won't be as good, but the coaxials are better than the in the set. For an easier fit and a better overall system I would go with the 62SL&6EX set, which you're technically getting a better deal on with the discount.
Hey Vertex!

I will be making my own spacers. I already have a zed draconia 3 and a couple different monoblocks. So I won't need amps I also have all the wire I need. I'm sorry I didn't specify by 750-800 I meant that's just for the door speakers that's isn't including the sub's. I'm very limited on space for the subwoofer so I've got a good bit of research to do on wait exactly I want to buy. Thats also why i want speakers with above average midbass so they can help with the bass problems im expecting. I really wish there was more info on the sundown x6.5 cause that *seems* to be perfect for its space requirements. I've also been reading up on a tangbang 8" that's has great reviews with perfect space requirements. I don't mean to ramble on but I'm really undecided about sub's yet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.