Full screen Android mirroring

Participant count
  • Participants list
Hi. Anyone out there able to help with getting my Kenwood DMX125DAB show Google maps etc as full screen? Using the Kenwood app but no joy. Just a small version of my phone screen.
I use a Microsoft wireless display adapter. When in scenic view, you get full display and the next exit info has been set to the left side of the screen. A big upgrade from when it used to be a banner across the top.

It doesn't do full mirroring with the app? Can you explain what you mean by small version? Do you mean it just shows vertical and black on the sides?

What phone are you using?

Could just be auto-rotate or orientation lock is on.

Worst case if it's the limitation of the app...

You can add a Chromecast. I added one to my factory head unit. Had to us a HDMI to RCA converter. Plugged the Chromecast into that. Then launched it AV-IN.
To get it up and running, I set it up connected to the home WiFi. Then ran it off the phone's hotspot and tricked it into running off itself. Complicated but a working option.

It doesn't do full mirroring with the app? Can you explain what you mean by small version? Do you mean it just shows vertical and black on the sides?

What phone are you using?

Could just be auto-rotate or orientation lock is on.

Worst case if it's the limitation of the app...

You can add a Chromecast. I added one to my factory head unit. Had to us a HDMI to RCA converter. Plugged the Chromecast into that. Then launched it AV-IN.
To get it up and running, I set it up connected to the home WiFi. Then ran it off the phone's hotspot and tricked it into running off itself. Complicated but a working option.
Hi. Not the auto rotate.
Samsung A53. Not tge greatest phone but more than adequate. To run full screen you need to 'lock' the App. Nothing I've tried let's me do this.

From what I can gather. You need to creat a secure folder that you can put the app into. Once that's done you can change the aspect ratio. But getting the app into a secure folder??

That has to do with Samsung Knox or whatever. They've been making it more difficult not supporting each other's protocols. Don't think Knox is really necessary on a phone. Might have to deactivate it. It limits output. Android itself does that, Samsung adds their own touch. Sometimes when it starts, you have to click accept to begin "recording" the screen. Might have to clear default settings for that. Cache and stuff?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...