fry's electronics install (warning: ugly)

ya'll are hilarious in thinking i made this story up. everything is fact and the truth. the car was in their install bay for a good two hours with me working on it WITH THEIR TOOLS, and the "head installer" butting in every now and then. people on this forum know me in real life, they can vouch i'm no kid with nothing better to do then make up stupid stories on the internet...

THOSE PICTURES ARE EXACTLY how it left the shop. when i confronted him about the speakers in the rear deck he blamed it on another employee and was quick to tell us "just exchange them for the 4in model" which we ended up doing. the crackling/shitty sounding issues he blamed it on the impedances of all the door speakers being different. one was 2, one 4, one 8. the first two were wired in parallel and the last in series so it was getting something like 7ohms per channel. mind you he wired the mids and tweets to the same channel, and they aren't internally crossed... the levels on the amps were cranked to account for the high impedance too. yeah, it sounded like complete ****.... the only slightly useful idea he had was to disconnect the mid and tweet in the door and just run the 2 way in the kick which is what we ended up doing. yeah, the imaging ****** but it was 10x better than it was.

they were also real impressed with the fi x... comparing it to the l7 which they apparently thought was the best sub in the world. they were installing one in the jeep next to my friend's car and couldn't get over how "huge the magnet is!"

I had other issues with frys "would never let them install aa batteries let alone a car stereo" Anyways I went straight to the big cheese as stated above, not only did I get my rebate "$30.00" but also two $50 gift cards for the trouble as it was a battle for 8 months trying to get the rebate. Still a fried electronics customer because I was so well taken care of //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i have never seen an actual installer do that kind of work. what is fry's? i know them as a grocery store in arizona:confused: not even quality auto sound, "home of the 1$ install", does crap like that. is this an actual car audio retailer? if so....i recommend a molotov cocktail.

i have never seen an actual installer do that kind of work. what is fry's? i know them as a grocery store in arizona:confused: not even quality auto sound, "home of the 1$ install", does crap like that. is this an actual car audio retailer? if so....i recommend a molotov cocktail.
I really somewhat doubt that was the install maybe the before pics? If not can i get a number to the store and the installers name so i can talk some sense into him that an easy car like that shouldnt be done that bad. Considering:

Radio=30 minutes

Back speakers 30 minutes

Like an hour of quality work, i don't know what all else they had to do weather a re-wire or something like that but reguardless those things have amps in the kick panels that are very easy to integrate.

wow... nobody believes the guy... i think if you find amateurs anywhere jacking somethin up, they might also not be inclined to think about insurance issues in the future. whether its truth or not i don't know... but people will try to cover their ass in stupid ways

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.