Front's or rears?

Participant count
  • Participant list

pensacol
10+ year member

?
I adding an amp for my mids and highs, but all I have is a 2 channel, so I'm trying to figure out if I should hook it up to the 2 rears or the 2 fronts. It's a 93 dakota, and the box is in the back seat between the 2 rears. It will also run a pair of tweeters on the pillars. Anybody have any suggestions? I'm not looking for excellence, just a little extra oomph on the mids and high.

My headunit's only got subwoofer outs, and 1 set of RCA's. So I could only use a 2 channel right? I'm already using the sub outs. If I used a splitter, and split the 2 into a 4 channel amp it would sound right. Is that the way it works?

You would get all 4 speakers going, but I believe it won't fade or something like that. Like on my amp I can fade to each speaker because I have 2 preouts plus a sub out. I think you lose that using splitters.

Wat kind of amp?

You would get all 4 speakers going, but I believe it won't fade or something like that. Like on my amp I can fade to each speaker because I have 2 preouts plus a sub out. I think you lose that using splitters.
Wat kind of amp?
It's just a little crunch 125 rms per channel. Nothing fancy, I've got the nice MB Quartz running my subs, just needed something to boost everything else. I've got Kenwoods in the rear, and pioneer's in the front. I think I'll just go with the fronts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.