Front Stage Help?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Skooter
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm looking for a good component set, and maybe also a set of 3.5" speakers for my factory dash openings to finish my front stage. My rear fill is a set of 5-1/4" Alpine Type-R midbass speakers from the component set and they sound good, but the tweeters were so harsh that I simply deleted them. I'm trying to minimize the cost of my front stage, while still having good sound quality and a decent amount of volume. I would be mounting the tweeters in the A-Pillars and running the passive crossovers until I get another amp.

For the front stage, I have a Kicker KX600.4 amp.

150x4 @ 2 Ohms

75x4 @ 4 Ohms

For components, I've been looking at:

RE XXX 6.5C, which are on SonicElectronix for $230

(RE Audio XXX6.5C (XXX65C) 6.5" 2-Way XXX Component Car Speakers)

Sundown Audio SA-6.5CS, which are on WoofersETC for $200

(https://www.woofersetc.com/p-11036-sa-65cs-sundown-audio-65-2-way-component-speakers.aspx)

Rockford T1675-S, which are on SonicElectronix for $180

(Rockford Fosgate T1675-S 6-3/4" 2-Way Power Car Component Speakers)

As for the 3.5" speakers, I was looking at:

Polk DB351, which are on WoofersETC for $55

(https://www.woofersetc.com/p-6139-db351-polk-audio-35-2-way-speakers.aspx)

Infinity Reference 3032CF, which are on Woofers ETC for $65

(https://www.woofersetc.com/p-8269-3032cf-infinity-reference-3-12-2-way-75-watt-reference-series-coaxial-speakers.aspx)

Rockford Punch P132, which are on SonicElectronix for $50

(Rockford Fosgate P132 (09-p132) 3-1/2" Punch Series 2-way Coaxial)

I haven't seen much of reviews for these components, so I'm wondering what you guys would go with. Ideally, I'd like to get everything from the same place so I don't have to pay for shipping twice. Other places to order, as well as different sets you would recommend are welcome.

Thank you!

Skooter

EDIT: Also, opinions on 1 SA 12" or 2 E8V3's off a 600watt Hifonics amp? Looking for SQ, but loud would just be a bonus!

There are new 3-way systems from CDT Audio that are going to start shipping tomorrow. You could use the HD-6 6.7" mid-woofers in your doors, HD-2 2" mids for the dash openings and WS-100i 1" tweeters to mount on the windshield in the upper corners. With the passive crossovers you'll have many different combinations of adjustments to tune the sound depending on your taste and specific vehicle acoustics. This set is called MX-3HD and the intro price is $499. I can also do this as a CL set, MX-3CL, for $399 with the CL-6 6.5" mid-woofer.

If you want a little more midbass there are other woofers which can be substituted to customize the system, and I can do a 3" mid instead of the 2" mid/tweeter.

also if your looking for an sq system ,then dont look at the hifonics amp or the sa subs, i have a really nice set of cdt components for sale , that will take 200 rms per side and will keep up with a big sub amp

If you're going with a comp set up front, don't bother with replacing the 3.5s in the dash too. My car came with them too and I simply deleted them and went with a nice 2 way comp set.

I would recommend either the Image Dynamics CTX 65cs or JBL MS62c set. Both are around 150 to 200 bucks and are pretty much the best you will get in the price range.

or if you want to go with a budget 3 way that will still give u that dash midrange, look into the Powerbass 2XL-60.3c set.

also if your looking for an sq system ,then dont look at the hifonics amp or the sa subs, i have a really nice set of cdt components for sale , that will take 200 rms per side and will keep up with a big sub amp
Well, the amp I got on a trade for a cheap Boss 2 channel amp, so I plan to run it until I have the money for something better.

There are new 3-way systems from CDT Audio that are going to start shipping tomorrow. You could use the HD-6 6.7" mid-woofers in your doors, HD-2 2" mids for the dash openings and WS-100i 1" tweeters to mount on the windshield in the upper corners. With the passive crossovers you'll have many different combinations of adjustments to tune the sound depending on your taste and specific vehicle acoustics. This set is called MX-3HD and the intro price is $499. I can also do this as a CL set, MX-3CL, for $399 with the CL-6 6.5" mid-woofer.
If you want a little more midbass there are other woofers which can be substituted to customize the system, and I can do a 3" mid instead of the 2" mid/tweeter.
A tad out of my price range, but are they active or passive, because I don't have the amp to run active right now.

If you're going with a comp set up front, don't bother with replacing the 3.5s in the dash too. My car came with them too and I simply deleted them and went with a nice 2 way comp set.
I would recommend either the Image Dynamics CTX 65cs or JBL MS62c set. Both are around 150 to 200 bucks and are pretty much the best you will get in the price range.

or if you want to go with a budget 3 way that will still give u that dash midrange, look into the Powerbass 2XL-60.3c set.
The reason I wanted to put 3.5's in the dash is because I wanted them to help raise the stage and move it more towards the front, so I can use my rear speakers to their full potential as well without turning them down all the way. I have a big SUV, so I'm also trying to fill the cabin and eliminate dead zones. If I'm going about this wrong, please, correct me, but this is the way I'm thinking about it, from a live musician turned car audio fanatic's perspective.

A tad out of my price range, but are they active or passive, because I don't have the amp to run active right now.
The prices include passive crossovers. I sold a 6x9 3-way set without the crossovers this week to a forum member, but the MX sets with passives are shipping as of next Monday.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.