Front Speakers Crackling after adding subwoofer.

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrtonytompson

Hey guys i have 4 soundqubed QP-MR6.5s two in the front doors 2 in the rear deck. I had everything tuned and they sounded loud and clear with no distortion. Today i hooked up my HDS315 to my amp. I am running all the rcas from an active crossover. Front crosssed at 600hz rear at 400hz and sub at 45hz. It played fine but now when the bass hits the front speakers crackle crazy but they are crossed at 600hz and brand new so i dont know how they would be trying to play lower frequencies? Any body have an idea?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Hey guys i have 4 soundqubed QP-MR6.5s two in the front doors 2 in the rear deck. I had everything tuned and they sounded loud and clear with no distortion. Today i hooked up my HDS315 to my amp. I am running all the rcas from an active crossover. Front crosssed at 600hz rear at 400hz and sub at 45hz. It played fine but now when the bass hits the front speakers crackle crazy but they are crossed at 600hz and brand new so i dont know how they would be trying to play lower frequencies? Any body have an idea?
Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
600Hz is incredibly high for a speaker crossover point. 80Hz is typical. are you sure there isn't a 10x switch you are looking at frequencies for? meaning it's more like 60Hz and 40Hz setting?

pics of the amp settings and crossover settings?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.