Front Speaker Wire Tap

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kapt

Anyone know where I could tap into the front 6x9's before the crossover on a 2015 Dodge Challenger? It's the 8.4N system with the 10 Alpine Speakers. I want a clean signal to tap into so I can run amped components instead of 6x9's in my doors, and leave the 3 1/2's in the dash running off the factory system. The tapped wires would run into the trunk to an amp and then back to the front speakers. This should give me the ability to use the fader the way it was meant to work, and still get the voice notifications. In my 2013 Challenger I did this right off the back of the factory deck and it worked like a charm. I don't want to start tearing the 2015 apart until I know where to start searching for the wires to tap into if you know what I mean. I hear they're located below the steering column, but I don't know the color codes or anything, and am having a really hard time digging up any information on this

Forgot to mention, I've tapped into the rear speakers to run subs. I'm using the AudioControl LC2i so I will be able to run my subs, and my rears using that, with a separate adapter for the fronts

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.