Front door speakers not working after buying new speakers.

ohare3g

So, I bought new all new speakers from bestbuy a few days ago, and had them installed for me because I have no clue about car audio, I checked my speakers today because they just didn't sound right, and both front speakers in my doors are not makeing any noise, I think I might have heard a very small ammount of muffled noise, but I have a pair of tweeters above the speakers so it might of just been an echo of those. The rear speakers work fine.

Im prolly going to take the car back to see if they will look at it for me, but what Im looking for here is information as to why the speakers are not working so I don't walk up blind and fall into a sales trap. What I mean by that is telling me I need to buy something else(like a new amp or headunit) or have something done because I dont have the right equipment. Now, I might NEED something like that because mine might be dead, but I don't want to just buy everything they tell me to just to make a sale.

I have a Mitsubishi eclipse 2001, It came with the infinity sound system and has a factory amp. I have a aftermarket headunit, Not sure of the exact model but its a Sony xplode model, a little over 3 years old.

Thanks for any help

TL;DR: What would be common things that would effect just the door speakers not working?

1. Check the fader on the radio - make sure its not set to rear

2. Did they use the factory amplifier...most aftermarket head units I have installed I bypassed it.

I would try the fader...then balance it left and right to see if its just 1 door or both doors not working. Pretty easy to tell when you use the balance.

Always start with the easy stuff, lol

Yeah I tried that, I put everything on center, no sound, I put them all the way to front, still nothing, right left so on ect ect..... Every other speaker works just fine. I do believe they used the factory amp for the speakers.

As a side note that I forgot to add, was I thought my speakers where blown originally because they where not making noise, so the problem was happing before I took it to get new speakers installed.

there's nothin you can really check that'll make this easy. it's either the amp or the hu. and only way to check both of those is to pull out the hu and wire up some speaker to the front wires n see what happens. take it in to them an have em look at it. i would think you'd need a new hu, just cause i don't see the stock amp just loosing the front and not the back.

wait a sec. you already knew there was a problem, not there's still a problem, and you don't want them to tell you that there's something else wrong? that just doesn't make any sence. you may need another hu, but you won't need to buy an amp. those stock amps **** nutz and sometimes robs the power going to the speakers when you put in an aftermarket radio. so if they tell you it's the amp then they can just bypass it.

What I ment by not wanting for them to tell me what else was wrong was getting me to buy a new headunit, and new amp, plus their install fee's, plus wireing or whatever else they want to throw in there that I don't NEED to have to fix the problem. Of course, if it needs to be done then I will do it.

most likely it is the infinity amp. that is very common, especially if you were having problems before these new speakers were installed. it should not be a factor of ohm load for those infinity speakers should have been four ohms each just the same as the aftermarket you had installed. the good news is, that is a very easy amp bypass if you change out the headunit.

i used to work for best buy, so i can tell you on top of your new head unit here is what youre looking at for install: deck install =50, amp bypass 35-45 depending on store, install parts about 50 with wiring-dont let them sell you a 30 foot roll of speed cable, you dont need but about 5 feet, and i assure you theyll keep the rest. just ask to use four runs of speaker wire or speed cable sitting around. and this is not including your headunit cost. and no they cannot just bypass the amp on the factory unit, the actual factory head unit is not a power output unit, it is simply a low signal output to that amplifier, much like preouts. if the amp is actually bad, its an all or nothing deal. junkyards will sometimes have those amps, or can be found on ebay, but they are not usually worth the price. if i were you, get a new headunit, and try the install yourself, or have it done there. it really is not a hard install in that vehicle. worst case you may have to remove the seat, but other than that its straightforward honestly. just a matter or matching wire colors if youre using speed cable, or finding your door speakers otherwise through various methods.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.