Friends Jensen install look no joke

Just had a chance to demo the Jensen KS210. Well, actually 6 of them all at once!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

A friend of mine had to try something different, so he built all 6 into a wall behind the front seat of his car. Each pair is being pushed by a Profile Baja 600 watt amp. The woofers are crossed over at 90Hz and I will actually say that they were quite impressive.

Now by no means could they compare with many higher end woofers, however, they are able to hold thier own quite nice. Good Frequency range, little distortion, and decent accuracy.

I think Jensen gets the bang for the buck award this year!

take it easy,

-zane

Yea i am actully thinking of purchasing some to mess around with in my old toyota celica i am gonna get 8 of them which i will spend no more than 220 bucks so i have a friend that works at wally world LOL that will cut me a deal just tryin to figure out how i will wire 8 svc subs on a Jl 500/1 amp and i know i wont blow them they can handle some what of power.

hi all.... im new to this car audio stuff... but i am soon buying 2 10" fosgate subs along with a 500w Jensen amp.. would the jensen amp put out the power to the 2 Fosgates?? or should i upgrade to a better amp... or different subs..? ANY of ur thoughts or ideas would help.. thx alot

to kaos..which fosgates? if it is the punch z's i think you'll be okay. anything else, upgrade the amp if possible.

about the jensens... i have two 10's in my garage now in 1cuft truck boxs(sealed). they hit pretty good off a 500watt:D LA320 Legacy amp. now they are worthless. one doesn't play at all, the other just goes "thud". but while they worked i was impressed! again at $40 a pop, i can't see replacing them even twice a year. yeah i can get 3 pair for what i paid for my pair of hx2's, but why all the work?

i agree with zane though...

I think Jensen gets the bang for the buck award this year!
for entry level they are hard to beat!

hhgregg, has jensen kds1212 and they look ok.

ive actually heard good things about them

they run 2 at $45

so for people who are totaly new to car audio, and just want something to thump, great price, really cant be beat.

a few things about them, the spider is held in with crappy glue, that in cold weather, can very easy crack. and the voice coil sees to come uncoiled with not much trouble

Overall they are perfect for low end subs

So you guys are saying my amp ought to go? I'm considering by a second amp, maybe another 500 watt (different brand though), just to boost the power. Or would I be better off selling the amp entirely and buying a 1000watt?

Hey thx mrray... ya they are the 10" Punch subs, so u say they should run pretty good... but if i get diff. subs. i should deff. upgrade to a better amp, if i was goin to upgrade.. i was thinkin either a Pioneer 2 channel amp. 760w (max) Gm-x926, if u know how well that amp performes and if it would do well with some 10" Fosgates (punch..etc.) i would appreciate advice.... thx alot:cool:

ever notice how posts boasting about this or that are very often anonymous?? if that whole pyramid thing happened (and it was certified) i'm sure there would have been some big fat ads in the magazines about it (just like there are for every other spl sub/amp maker that really can produce those numbers!)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.