Friends Jensen install look no joke

jlman
10+ year member

Review Committee
Ok people I have one thing to say wow! I was really amazed when i hooked up my friends system last week. He has 2 jensen 12 in subs the new ones that have like blue **** in em threw em in a sealed 2.0 box per chamber which is way off specs wired them into 2 ohms on a rockford fosgate 150.2 went to shop on saturday and went in to test his db and boy was i suprised so i take back whatever i have said about subs ******* and not being able to hit high dbs. Anyway he hit an 138.7 and smoked a dude with 2 punch zs and 3 mtx 4000 10s. Its mostly install but man they put out some low notes for a 29 dollar sub and his entire system cost only 300 dollars and thats everything componets Hu everything i am really impressed by the quality of these wallmart pieces of crap LOL. But i suggest if you want a cheap sub and wat it to hit get this instead of spending 60-90 dollars on a entry level sub from a big company like fosgate,mtx,kicker ect.... I am takin back all i said about sucky companys not being able to produce good products casue they do and it was alot install but was some product in thier too. So dont go baggin on crappy companies like i did until you have heard thier products and tested them.:p

i do actually agree with jlman i have heard jensens bump like hell. my friend has the same ones he was talkin about and for the price they sure as hell do bump. hes got em in 2cubic foot ported box for each sub. i think they soud pretty **** good for only bin 30 dollars a oiece. he was only pushin 100watts rms to each and they did pretty good i aint sayin that they are goin to last forever but for the price they sure as hell aint **** i can tell ya that. if thats all ya can get to start with i figure why not.

138.7 with a small amp is very good.Who cares if the subs don't last bring them back and get new ones or your money back thats all.live and learn is an everyday thing in car audio.

I HAVE BEEN IN CAR AUDIO FOR SOMETIME NOW AND I NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME WHAT SOMEPEOPLE BELIEVE ARE "CHEAP SUBS" AND THE COMPETITION SUBS. (THE $100.00 & UP ONES).

CASE IN POINT:

WE INSTALLED TWO PYRAMID SUPERBLUE 12'S (IN A PORTED BOX) INTO A 1988 DODGE COLT DL (HATCHBACK) LAST SUMMER AN RAN THIS CAR THUR A DB DRAG COMPETITION. THE CAR TOOK 3RD PLACE HITTING 162.1DB. INSTALLED WAS AND OLD ALPHASONIC 2150 (AND FOR ALL U CAR AUDIO ENTHUSIST OUT THERE THE AMP MAKER WAS ALL BUT DEAD UNTILL FALL OF LAST YEAR WHEN THEY RESURFACED WITH A NEW LINE OF AMPS AND SUBS) WIRED DOWN TO 1OHM STALBLE WITH AN PYRAMID X-OVER AND A PIONEER DEH-4000 HEADUNIT.

THIS CAR WAS BEATEN BY A VAN WITH 4 MEMPHIS 12'S AND AMPLIFIER (1000D'S) AND AN IMPLALA WITH 3 KICKER 12'S AND 2 SONY MOBLE ES AMPS.

POINT: 75% OF WHAT A CAR CAN DO IN A DB DRAG IS BASED ON THE OVERALL DESIGN OF THE VEHICLE. HATCHBACKS IN PARTICULAR ARE HARD AS HELL TO BEAT BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING BETWEEN THE HATCH AND THE FRONTSEATS (OR WINDSHIELD). THE SAME APLIES TO VANS.

I STILL BELIEVE THAT GEO METROS ART PROBABLY THE HARDEST CAR TO BEAT IN A DB DRAG (IT'S SMALL, AND YOUR JUST ABOUT "SITTING" ON THE SUBS!!

a 162 with 2 superblue 12's? and a 300 watt alphasonic amp? us accoustic ring a bell? alphasonic name was bought sorta like pyle's and lanzar's was by ziggy.i dont know who owns them now but it isnt the same...and my old car now (87 formula firebird) has 8 12" shp memphis subs with a 1000d going to each one and it does 164.

See they might not last long but for 30 bucks you can buy one every month:) Also dude i think they will last ok there is some qulity in thier products. i am still amazed with what they hit.

Yea dude i had three of them wired to a fosgate 360.2 parllel down into 1 ohm and I hit 147.2 on my best day. Very good subs for the price and lasted me a long time. I would actully get them over alot of name brand subs. Just my 2 cents. Oh ya had them in a cheap ass mobile authority bandpass box too.

Thats pretty **** good dude He is planning on gettin an new amp that amp he has soaks up all the power and wants more subs are not even getting pushed to thier max. They are 175rms i think and 525 max but a lil over rated so I told him to get a jbl 600.1 its cheap and puts out some good power he is actully wanting to enter a comp but hes still got a long way to go.

Originally posted by Unregistered I HAVE BEEN IN CAR AUDIO FOR SOMETIME NOW AND I NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME WHAT SOMEPEOPLE BELIEVE ARE "CHEAP SUBS" AND THE COMPETITION SUBS. (THE $100.00 & UP ONES).

CASE IN POINT:

WE INSTALLED TWO PYRAMID SUPERBLUE 12'S (IN A PORTED BOX) INTO A 1988 DODGE COLT DL (HATCHBACK) LAST SUMMER AN RAN THIS CAR THUR A DB DRAG COMPETITION. THE CAR TOOK 3RD PLACE HITTING 162.1DB. INSTALLED WAS AND OLD ALPHASONIC 2150 (AND FOR ALL U CAR AUDIO ENTHUSIST OUT THERE THE AMP MAKER WAS ALL BUT DEAD UNTILL FALL OF LAST YEAR WHEN THEY RESURFACED WITH A NEW LINE OF AMPS AND SUBS) WIRED DOWN TO 1OHM STALBLE WITH AN PYRAMID X-OVER AND A PIONEER DEH-4000 HEADUNIT.

THIS CAR WAS BEATEN BY A VAN WITH 4 MEMPHIS 12'S AND AMPLIFIER (1000D'S) AND AN IMPLALA WITH 3 KICKER 12'S AND 2 SONY MOBLE ES AMPS.

POINT: 75% OF WHAT A CAR CAN DO IN A DB DRAG IS BASED ON THE OVERALL DESIGN OF THE VEHICLE. HATCHBACKS IN PARTICULAR ARE HARD AS HELL TO BEAT BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING BETWEEN THE HATCH AND THE FRONTSEATS (OR WINDSHIELD). THE SAME APLIES TO VANS.

I STILL BELIEVE THAT GEO METROS ART PROBABLY THE HARDEST CAR TO BEAT IN A DB DRAG (IT'S SMALL, AND YOUR JUST ABOUT "SITTING" ON THE SUBS!!
What did he measure it with? I wish I could use that one for my setup!!!

Just a quick question:

I was considering getting a 2 12" Jensen's, powered by my Jensen 500watt amp (350RMS). That would be 175RMS to each sub.

Now, would this completely Jensen setup bump more than a single Pyle 12" (400RMS, 1000watt max)? My current setup is 350RMS to the Pyle.

If so, I'd like to go with the Jensen's maybe since they are cheap and can be returned easily.

Thanks,

Scott

If you look at this side of it Jensens would produce more bass becasue of more cone area More Wattage and Better wiring confiurations also most likly as good if not better as you pyle sub and its over rated in power as well so i would say get the jensens but upgrade amp.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.