friends CAB SMOKING!!!!!!!

The amp still WORKS?... tell him that today is the day to buy a lottery ticket... LOL!
right just got text says he checked everything i'm gonna make him get smaller fuse at amp i'd rather fuse blow than amp.. if ya'll will re read my post at top and see if he has that done wrong or is it ok to do big 3 to both batts and then just run amp off 1st batt cause i ain't used to that i only seen batts in back not 2 under hood.. he said he'd come over take amp out (it's mounted to back wall of his truck and i can't see settings back there looking upside down and sideways) so i can check his settings at least., i preset it for him but he installed it 3 days later and i never really got to adjust it.. if anything i shoulda had it set to low for his pos 2v jvc, if he had different type truck my old orion hp's would be loud af in there but that dam*n cabin ***** (yeah idk trucks) same subs same box in my car with 700 rms crossfire amp was destroying my car years ago thats y i went to 1 sub but now both of them in his truck aren't as loud as my pioneer..

I always loved this sign... is it for a REAL manufacturer...

mf74WkG.jpg

Seriously tho... he dodged a bullet...

right just got text says he checked everything i'm gonna make him get smaller fuse at amp i'd rather fuse blow than amp.. if ya'll will re read my post at top and see if he has that done wrong or is it ok to do big 3 to both batts and then just run amp off 1st batt cause i ain't used to that i only seen batts in back not 2 under hood.. he said he'd come over take amp out (it's mounted to back wall of his truck and i can't see settings back there looking upside down and sideways) so i can check his settings at least., i preset it for him but he installed it 3 days later and i never really got to adjust it.. if anything i shoulda had it set to low for his pos 2v jvc, if he had different type truck my old orion hp's would be loud af in there but that dam*n cabin ***** (yeah idk trucks) same subs same box in my car with 700 rms crossfire amp was destroying my car years ago thats y i went to 1 sub but now both of them in his truck aren't as loud as my pioneer..
I see what you are sayin'... IDK, I ran 2 batteries paralled up front thru a 500A ANL before... it went to dual 0 ga to the rear... no issues whatsoever... the 500A is only in case of a car accident... I still run it this way except I added a group 31 AGM by the amps now... still dual 0 ga but one feeds the AGM then to the amps... and one is from the dual group 75's to the amps... if something lets go IN the amps it'll probably be the caps and it'll be beyond saving at that point anyways... LOL!

It doesn't matter what battery he's pulling from. Yes its good that he did big three to both front batteries. That's what should have been done.

If he has a battery in the rear and thats where his amp is, that would be more practical. Shorter runs to the amp would also help.

If his cab is filling up with smoke then there is something that is being missed.

You don't get a cab full of smoke with just a little fuse pop.

It doesn't matter what battery he's pulling from. Yes its good that he did big three to both front batteries. That's what should have been done.
If he has a battery in the rear and thats where his amp is, that would be more practical. Shorter runs to the amp would also help.

If his cab is filling up with smoke then there is something that is being missed.

You don't get a cab full of smoke with just a little fuse pop.
no he just said amp was smoking but now works.. i'll look at it again whenever he can make it over here.. u have ct 4k what subs?

no he just said amp was smoking but now works.. i'll look at it again whenever he can make it over here.. u have ct 4k what subs?
Oh his amp... Thought I read it was a from a fuse.

I've had one amp smoke up some years back. Still plays 100% last time I hooked it up.

It blew a fet but still played. It would of probably fully blown if I kept using it.

As for the Ct 4k..

Did have a AA Mayhem on it, too much for that sub.

Just ordered an Fi Team last week. Maybe that will be loud enough.

Oh his amp... Thought I read it was a from a fuse. I've had one amp smoke up some years back. Still plays 100% last time I hooked it up.

It blew a fet but still played. It would of probably fully blown if I kept using it.

As for the Ct 4k..

Did have a AA Mayhem on it, too much for that sub.

Just ordered an Fi Team last week. Maybe that will be loud enough.
yeah the cab is cab 1600rms amp $199 so they do fry sometimes lol..

Yeah.. I'm bein' funny there... strap those CAB's at 1 ohm and who knows how much POWER they make... LOL!.. IDK

yeah the cab is cab 1600rms amp $199 so they do fry sometimes lol..

Says the guy that talks about 100+ Subs and amps and yet has 0 experience with said amp, no just because is 200$ doesn't mean it will fry. Details would help, what size power wire? What ohm load? What alternator? Were they mounted to the box? How was gain set? I was feeding two at .5 each and no smoke. My electrical is solid with 4 1:0 runs and 270 singer alt 3 agm though. 95% it's user error. When I wall I'll be running 4 personally. Yup...official cab but hugger for the price. Two cabs on two x15s and was doing low 150s and hair tricks and crushing chests at 35-40hz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.