friends CAB SMOKING!!!!!!!

Says the guy that talks about 100+ Subs and amps and yet has 0 experience with said amp, no just because is 200$ doesn't mean it will fry. Details would help, what size power wire? What ohm load? What alternator? Were they mounted to the box? How was gain set? I was feeding two at .5 each and no smoke. My electrical is solid with 4 1:0 runs and 270 singer alt 3 agm though. 95% it's user error. When I wall I'll be running 4 personally. Yup...official cab but hugger for the price. Two cabs on two x15s and was doing low 150s and hair tricks and crushing chests at 35-40hz
no i've never had that amp because unlike u i can read and i have red lots of peeps saying their cab fried and friends did not impress me but i'm sure thats his cabin but yet no one had anything but praise for ppi p1k so i spent $30 less to get that cause seemed more reliable (of course i didn't need 1600 on my $70 sub which sound god on my non burnt up amp btw) ., if u would read the thread u will see i listed oga, batts and screw to back wall of truck.. what u quoted me on was me explaining to guy the cab was a amp not the cab of his truck

Yeah I can't read lol. But hey what do I know, I mean your the car Audio god with that 70$ sub you mention 100 times a day. Then your always recommending stuff you have 0 experiance with. Then you ask company's for info and pics on a sub you have no intention of buying. I wasn't trying to get in a p!ssing match just that. Your the guy having a midlife crisis trying to be cool with your walmart sub and "peeps" really don't give a f on your opinion. I was saying just because it's a 1600 watt amp for 200$ doesn't mean it will auto white ghost. But hey....I'm just the guy that can't read and your the audio god with a walmart sub. Wasn't trying to go there but your constantly posting useless advice with 0 knowledge on what your saying. Your turn gramps......

Also if it's a crap amp why is it recommended all the time? People that have issues mount to box, use 4 gauge wire or use the gain as a volume knob. Feed them properly and solid amp for 200$

Also if it's a crap amp why is it recommended all the time? People that have issues mount to box, use 4 gauge wire or use the gain as a volume knob. Feed them properly and solid amp for 200$
It's recommended because it does decent numbers for cheap.

I bet the majority of the people who bought/own that amp is because of the amp dyno videos.

It could possibly be a good amp but 95% of the people who go the cheaper route with an amp, go the cheaper route for everything else.

I'm all for cheap power. Thats why I want these Brazilian amps to succeed so bad.

I can vouch for the mounting issue... turned out it WAS vibration that killed my first one... when I trashed the old box to redo the system... 2 internal dividers had separated from the top/port side... I never heard a thing... LOL!... the amp sure must have felt it though... the board walked out the heatsink 3/16" on the power side... with a SOLID amp rack and strong electrical I couldn't be happier for $398... at 1 ohm strapped I've got power to slag down those EVL's if I feel the need... but I won't push it, I'll go back to 4 ohm next week... LOL!

I can vouch for the mounting issue... turned out it WAS vibration that killed my first one... when I trashed the old box to redo the system... 2 internal dividers had separated from the top/port side... I never heard a thing... LOL!... the amp sure must have felt it though... the board walked out the heatsink 3/16" on the power side... with a SOLID amp rack and strong electrical I couldn't be happier for $398... at 1 ohm strapped I've got power to slag down those EVL's if I feel the need... but I won't push it, I'll go back to 4 ohm next week... LOL!
Cheap amps easily die from vibration.

like they said cause its cheap if peeps want that much power.. sorry i wouldn't buy one even if i need that much cause it's too big and too many peeps having problems.. and yes i'd love to have better sub but i wouldn't pay $500 for a sub if i was a millionaire..

Cheap amps easily die from vibration.
Mine lasted 5 months at .67 ohm then 1 at 1.33 then died suddenly... I saw the problem develop but was unsure what would happen at that point so I kept on... for years I always mounted to the box and had no problems but this time it was built by myself under less than Ideal conditions... I was 2 months out of the hospital, weak as a kitten, recovering from a major stroke and was relearning the use of my hands... LOL!.. I guess the result WAS predictable as the box did fail... It's all good now as eventually I have recovered to SOME extent and have finally got those amps mounted right... amp rack, rubber spacers and will install fans eventually... A disabled guy SHOULD NOT build a box!... LOL!

Yeah I can't read lol. But hey what do I know, I mean your the car Audio god with that 70$ sub you mention 100 times a day. Then your always recommending stuff you have 0 experiance with. Then you ask company's for info and pics on a sub you have no intention of buying. I wasn't trying to get in a p!ssing match just that. Your the guy having a midlife crisis trying to be cool with your walmart sub and "peeps" really don't give a f on your opinion. I was saying just because it's a 1600 watt amp for 200$ doesn't mean it will auto white ghost. But hey....I'm just the guy that can't read and your the audio god with a walmart sub. Wasn't trying to go there but your constantly posting useless advice with 0 knowledge on what your saying. Your turn gramps......
also peeps that recommend cab amps as well as ab subs or whatever doesn't mean they've all had them.. very few peeps here had had cab amp or subs or any of the 50 other tings that peeps recommend we do it cause we see other recommend them, these other guys with huge system ain't never had a $199 cab amp but it's cheap and tested strong.. u get on me for talking about things i've never had and then peeps get on me for recommending my sub or amp that i do have.. also as far as the 3003 12 goes what no one but me knows i guess cause no one cares is the reason it's cheap isn't because it's crap it's because they don't make a 10 or a 15 or a svc or a d2 only 12" d4 thats it so pioneer can order 20,000 or whatever at a time probably cuts $30 off price it's easily in same league as many subs costing $130 just because they are over priced and pioneer not.. i'd had a lot of subs man (no $400+) but my last orion hp's were pretty nice and this pioneer is louder than 1 of them was in same box, and it's taking 50% more than rated power..

also peeps that recommend cab amps as well as ab subs or whatever doesn't mean they've all had them.. very few peeps here had had cab amp or subs or any of the 50 other tings that peeps recommend we do it cause we see other recommend them, these other guys with huge system ain't never had a $199 cab amp but it's cheap and tested strong.. u get on me for talking about things i've never had and then peeps get on me for recommending my sub or amp that i do have.. also as far as the 3003 12 goes what no one but me knows i guess cause no one cares is the reason it's cheap isn't because it's crap it's because they don't make a 10 or a 15 or a svc or a d2 only 12" d4 thats it so pioneer can order 20,000 or whatever at a time probably cuts $30 off price it's easily in same league as many subs costing $130 just because they are over priced and pioneer not.. i'd had a lot of subs man (no $400+) but my last orion hp's were pretty nice and this pioneer is louder than 1 of them was in same box, and it's taking 50% more than rated power..
U still don't know what your talking about. I have a huge system and I run cheap temps amps all the time and put them threw the paces and see what budget amps are good. Just recently I bought a ppi black ice 7000.1 and that amp was junk! Then I got a soundstream 6000.1 and it was pretty decent but ran kinda hot, now I'm running a memphis 1000d. Soon I'll get some real sub amps so I can bang my 4 nsv4 18s.

U still don't know what your talking about. I have a huge system and I run cheap temps amps all the time and put them threw the paces and see what budget amps are good. Just recently I bought a ppi black ice 7000.1 and that amp was junk! Then I got a soundstream 6000.1 and it was pretty decent but ran kinda hot, now I'm running a memphis 1000d. Soon I'll get some real sub amps so I can bang my 4 nsv4 18s.
Lies! You have never broke a 50! ... Jk dont get pissy nate

We told ya that. You didn't wanna believe us.

yeah but not a bad huh? and i bet u recommened it.. just saying we can let peeps know whats around they may not considered without having owned it..also last time u said idk what i was talking about (about amp gain guy in uk) i was right not u..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.