Fried amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jeyes

Norway
So I hooked up my subwoofer and amplifier again, after taking them out about half a year ago.

This is my second time doing this, so I'm very fresh, but I'm fairly certain everything is hooked up correctly, but there is NO sound coming from my sub!

My setup worked fine when I took it out, but I had the remote cable wired directly to the battery, and it ran out of juice all the time, that's why I unhooked it all. Now I have it connected to the Remote cable on the head unit using a WAGO (Could this be a problem?)
Wago-221-Series-Lever-Wire-Connectors.jpg

The amp's power light is on, but it is faint, and it is blinking - I don't remember if it was always like this. I have a BM Boschmann 1200W amp and a Cadence Wild Beast 12-inch sub.

I'm afraid the amp might be fried, because before I took it out, I got sick of the amp draining my battery, so I unhooked the remote (that was connected directly to the battery), and while driving, the remote cable must have slid onto the remote port on the amp again, and started sending maximum power through the wire, melting the insulation, and the remote port. There were - let's just say - a decent amount of smoke...

redir

Newbie mistakes! I can only ask forgiveness //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.