Free air testing

xtully
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Alright, I have an spl custom made 15..2500rms music with 3" 8 layer coils and 2 nomex spiders.. I wanna free air it with my aq1200d but Im not sure at what ohm ( sub is d2)

4 ohms is about 500wrms, my gain is set by m.meter.. would that be ideal? Say 50-75 hz tone?

Ok well the first question is, WHY do you want to free air it?

If your just checking for mechanical noise any power level will work...

No.. Im loosening up my suspension
*rollseyes*

I was afraid you were going to say something along those lines...Breaking subs in is pointless. I've owned many different brand new subs and I've always wanged em right out of the box. Never blown a sub in my life.

fine.. it is to test mechanical noise! lol
Then you should only need to free air it for about 5 seconds (you'll notice noise immediately) and I know your only saying that and your still going to attempt to break it in, lol....It's been debated here in the past and I am a firm believer it's unnecessary. Yes the suspension will loosen up over the life of the woofer but putting full power to it before it's loosened is NOT going to cause it to fly apart.

*rollseyes*
I was afraid you were going to say something along those lines...Breaking subs in is pointless. I've owned many different brand new subs and I've always wanged em right out of the box. Never blown a sub in my life.
im the same way i hate hearing breaking in times.....as soon as i get something just play it as if it was 6 months old

dont worry about breaking it in, it will break in on its own.

the products i use i personally test to xtreams.

if you break a glue joint send it to me i will fix for free. if you abuse it and damage it i will fix for cost! i want to keep my customers happy and not have any worrys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

dont worry about breaking it in, it will break in on its own.the products i use i personally test to xtreams.

if you break a glue joint send it to me i will fix for free. if you abuse it and damage it i will fix for cost! i want to keep my customers happy and not have any worrys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
is it possible to damage your subs? lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.