Free Air sub??

Participant count
  • Participant list

j3bus2k3
5,000+ posts

Si vis pacem, para bellum
St. Pete, FL
I'm lookin for a new setup after reading Car Audio and Electronics and a few posts. I was thinking in place of my existing 6x9's, I'd put 2 free air 8's and in the middle a 12". I would put the 12 in an enclosure; unsure about the design right now. But whould the 8"s be ok free air? I was thinkin Focal to match the Components i want but would also consider the RE to go with the XXX I want. Any suggestions??

Why waste your time/money messing around with free-air 8's if you are going to have a 12??

Were you going to have them running subbass duty or midbass duty?? Either way, I wouldn't waste the money. If you were going to run them as midbass, I'd tell you not to bother because you don't want that much midbass coming from behind you. If anything, you'd want to put the 8" midbass upfront, like in the doors. If you were planning on running them as subs, then I'd tell you not to bother because you shouldn't mix-n-match sub sizes like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.