Found this box for 2 x 12' type r on ebay

kevin25
10+ year member

Michigan
I am thinking going from one type r to 2. I heard they like a box 4cu @ 32hz. Will I ran into this box on ebay and wanted to know what is your thoughts on it. A little pricey so I might build my own depending on what you guys think. Also is it better to have the port in the middle or end, or does it matter?

Thanks

well i don't see a link but i assume your talking about the ones of seen its about 100 bucks and 60 bucks for shipping? i mean you can probably get someone to build you one here for around that. where you at in michigan?

Sorry, forgot the link. http://cgi.ebay.com/DUAL-12-ALPINE-TYPE-R-BOX-SWR-1222D-SWR-1242D-4FT-3-32_W0QQitemZ360073153326QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116I am located in Roseville, Mi. Yes MDF is only 25 a sheet, I just got done building a box 2cu @ 34hz for 1 x 12" type r, came out good but just time consuming. The ebay specs would work out just perfect, I am not too sure about that port inside the box though, looks kinda short?
may look short, but if it is a smaller port area it could be correct

may look short, but if it is a smaller port area it could be correct
How much port area would I need? I already have plans if I decide to make a box. Which is 4cu @ 32hz with outside measurements of 34wx18hx20d. It has a port area of 66.00 square inches, is this ideal or the one on ebay if you can tell by looking?

FYI: I also looked at the free box plans and it looks as if they took off the 4cu @32hz one?

ftl means for the loss. kinda means it *****.... but it just depends on what you want out of the box. if you want the best sound and bass just build your own box. if it doesnt matter and you just want some thump then buy one.

I had 2 type r's in 5 cubes at 34hz and it was pretty sweet so sweet in fact that i ended with 4 12's in a 10 cubic foot box at 34hz... I got the plans from moe lesters Sticky and it worked great...

How is this box I created? Anything you would change?

jts2yu.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.