Ford ranger extended cab semi-wall build

bunkrd you
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So far I am running 4 10" L7's in a custom box fitted to wall off right bellow my window. I have one D51 yellow top wired with a duralast gold upfront all with 4 ga knu flex wire. I am running a 1200 watt US MD1D right now, but I am adding soon(as the money comes in)

DEKA 9a31 battery

knu 0 ga throughout

big three with 0 ga

200 amp alternator from DBelectrical

Pics are too come but I have to get this super ugly diamond steal plating off of the box. The box is tuned in the mid fifties i believe, but I bought the subs and box used so who knows in reality. It was previously in an s-10 so it fits perfect, and i thought it was a pretty good deal(390) the box was made by stero west in omaha and sounds pretty good with just the 1200 with gain set at around 6/10 and h/u at +3/6

upfront I got a clarion cz-500 with 4v preamp outs

rockford 5x7 in the back with 300 hz crossovers

in the front infinity reference 5x7 with 300 hz crossovers

infinity tweeters with the stock crossovers. No second amp is being ran for the speakers because I think the sq is up to par for my mids and highs. I am utilizing the stock amp for the speakers right now though and I think it shoots about 25-30 rms per speaker

it could have more cubic feet due to cross bracing with mdf instead of dowels or rods, but it does the trick. I think i got right above 9 cubes before displacement. I just sold my MD1D to a buddy and sold my 12" l7 on ebay so that helped fund some smaller parts on this build.

I just pulled it out and re wired everything because it was a nightmare and painted it and I must say I surprised my self. Even my girl got involved and cleaned out my truck while the seats were out and she even helped wire the subs and strip the wire. As for speaker wire I just decided on 8ga rockford cause it was cheap and i used two bolts that had ring terminals going from all the + and - and on the top I had my two final speaker wires ran to the sid of the box where the amp will be mounted. My deka will be in tommorow with custom machined top mounts that accept 6 ring terminals per post and 30 feet of zero. I pulled off the diamond plating and sanded down then did two coats black primer two coats of the darkest stone texture I could find and then two more coats of flat black.(Also big thanks to power-fanatic07 for the box painting idea)

Next step will be the aq2200 and about a month after I decided to save for a 250 amp alternator rather than just scrapping up enough for a 180 or 200. This should be really fun.

P.S subs are dual 2's ran to 1ohm.

I might even get an alpine 250.4 to run my speakers and run another set of tweeters off the stock wiring.(but this would be around christmas time)

Last edited by a moderator:
it looks like i am also going to mount a pair of 3.5" speakers on my door panel. so that is going to come soon I just need to find an amp to run my 3.5's and my set of tweets

looks like I am going super old school for my 3.5"s and tweets. found a Alpine 3527S for super cheap. 25x4 all day baby. I did some research and found they have awesome sq capabilities. Wish me luck. I am going to focus on this aspect until next pay check. I don't want to spend most of my check on the amp and I'd rather wait. This next check I can get the aq and the check after that the alternator. So the build should be done in under say 5 weeks? After that I move on to the my girls car. I am getting a new hu for myself for xmas and it gives me a free pair of 6x9's for her and i'm giving her my clarion then after that i'll get her an 8" L5 running off a 250.1 tma or jl amp

So no luck finding an amp. I have my eye on a few. Today my deka 9a31 came in with toolmaker top posts. It accepts 6 ring terminals on each post. Pretty sick. I also got my 30 ft of cca from the same guy. I ran all the wires, and grounded each battery to a different location. Looking pretty good so far. Pics will be up asap, but my phone ***** and no digital camera. I'll try and use my girls tommorow

Every part of the build is going smoothly so hopefully no screw ups along the way. All i have left is that amp and the alternator.

ended up buying a pair of 3.5" infinity's and an alpine 3527S

should be pretty sick. They hopefully should be in this weekend. Next I want to get a stinger volt meter, but I am wondering as to how it can be calibrated.

help? any replies?

the directed port sounds cleaner then one large port imo. This is going to be my demo box. and yes i love sq as well as bass. I like my mids to be smooth, my highs to be loud and clear and my bass to have a good punch.

I am also adding a pair of alpine type r 6.5" components here pretty soon. the tweets and 3.5's are being ran off an alpine 3527S and the components will be ran off of a alpine t500. The rear fill is very drowned out by the box and batts but its 5x7 rockford coaxs. Sound pretty decent on the drivers side because I have the box slid to the passanger side. Amp will be mounted on the passanger side of the box, and the d31 yellow top will be ontop of my deka. Picking that up in about an hour. Also running the 250 amp alternator in about a month and picking up some welders 0 ga to do that. Its all coming together nicely.

Also I love adding onto my build, lol if you notice the op my plans are pretty modified from the original idea. I added the amp for the tweets and 3.5's added the 3.5's added kick panels, added another 2 channel, adding a line driver, added some pretty sick rcas, added a 250 amp alternator, added the tye r components. I just love installing and modifying particular aspects of my system.

So i checked the resting voltage, and was 12.49 or so when I got it. When I got done wiring it all up all the batts and the alt were sitting at a constant 13.8 engine revving to 2k and idle at 800-1000ish. Before the bats were at 14.25. Could this be a bad batt, or would it just need time for the batts to charge. It seems like this happened when I added my deka, but I didnt have a precise volt meter just the dash's general indicator. Help?

Also the alternator is reading only 13.8 as well.

fixed the voltage problems. Just need to finish up the big three. and buck If you insist, but I am content. Design me a box when I go with 4 12's

and why is it lulz at my attempt to make it sound good. In technical terms it would be far from "proper sq" but the way I like my music, this will be the closest to ideal as I can imagine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...