folded tl design for re mx 12" w/pic

Participant count
  • Participant list

sinosic
10+ year member

Idyllic Enclosures
i dont have or even know how to run mathcad. can one of you please run my design for a re mx 12" sub w/ a fs:23.165 and the line is 106" long. this all will be in a x-cab truck. one more question where should the sub be mounted inverted at? good looking out.

I don't have access to MJK's software right now as nothing is installed on this computer lol...I will tell you that it would probably be best to mount the sub a third of the way down the line or a bit more...somewhere on the opposite side of the port. This will tame the upper peak a bit...

if anyone has mathcad please run this for me. is 1000 watts rms to much? if so how much should i run to the re mx 12". i think the rms of that sub is 1500 watts. if the box is tuned to 37hz like stated above, will that sound good for rap music?

Um, that line length is 90.25", not 106.

You would need to stuff the line decently thick to get the adjusted length to be correct.

I know you think this will be the perfect enclosure type but I really don't think it is what you're looking for. I know you're wanting something loud and you think because this is different, it's going to be better than a ported enclosure. I really doubt it will be. If you want to know how it models, it looks just like infinite baffle as far as SPL vs frequency goes. This will NOT represent how it will sound.

I say throw it in 2 cubes tuned to 35hz and be happy.

You would need to stuff the line decently thick to get the adjusted length to be correct.

I know you think this will be the perfect enclosure type but I really don't think it is what you're looking for. I know you're wanting something loud and you think because this is different, it's going to be better than a ported enclosure. I really doubt it will be. If you want to know how it models, it looks just like infinite baffle as far as SPL vs frequency goes. This will NOT represent how it will sound.

x2 instead of trying to go through all this trouble

how did you measure the port length? i double checked and got 108.25"

and i added 45s to the corners which measure 6" from the end of the middle port board to the 45s. consitant 6" through out the whole length of the line. i just wanted to see what a tl was capable of. i just finished it and my friend left with it and he is mounting the sub as i speak. i will let you people know how it sounds.

the first graph was my old design . the person recommended 100" line length instead of 144". so i redid me design and came up with this one which is close to 100". looks good to me

4kocioh.jpg

That's how you measure line length. Add up the total length of the red line.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.