Focal VS AudioFrog!?

As a fellow mk4 owner this makes me happy. Treating the inside of the trim panels with some deadener and CCF helped alot on my jetta. I'm running a 1.8t and pretty stiff drivetrain mounts, so I still get a good bit of vibration. Biggest improvement for me was doing the footwells and the trunk. I'll go check out the A-pillar and see what I can do with it. I should be doing the engine bay metal sometime soon.
My pleasure. If you do nothing else, do the A Pillars(just pop them off and stuff the space with any dense cloth or foam material, it does not have to be technical, even old t-shirt material will do the job just as well(maybe better), and do the shift lever hole(with material that will stay in place and not fall down into your shift linkage...big chunks of foam etc.) The rest)B,C Pillars, sill) is all superfluous.. I had the leftover material so I tried it, but I wouldn't waste my time again.

I have plenty of junk in my trunk so I let the "stuff" dampen rear wheel noise. If you don't, put a layer of closed-cell foam over your trunk floor, as thick as you can afford/put up with. That will also tighten up your bass(less boomy). Keep in mind the formula for subwoofer speaker size-to-trunk volume...

My pleasure. If you do nothing else, do the A Pillars(just pop them off and stuff the space with any dense cloth or foam material, it does not have to be technical, even old t-shirt material will do the job just as well(maybe better), and do the shift lever hole(with material that will stay in place and not fall down into your shift linkage...big chunks of foam etc.) The rest)B,C Pillars, sill) is all superfluous.. I had the leftover material so I tried it, but I wouldn't waste my time again.

I have plenty of junk in my trunk so I let the "stuff" dampen rear wheel noise. If you don't, put a layer of closed-cell foam over your trunk floor, as thick as you can afford/put up with. That will also tighten up your bass(less boomy). Keep in mind the formula for subwoofer speaker size-to-trunk volume...

My jetta has sbout 250 SQ feet of 80 mil deadener and 300ish SQ feet of CCF in it as well as the carpet underlay having been replaced with a MLV type material from a local construction supply company. Doors, roof, floor, tunnel, firewall, dash, all of the trim, even the spare tire well all got the treatment. My center console shifter area has a layer of deadener and as much CCF as I can fit without restricting the shifter movement, and I put some polyfil in the shift boot.

I'm going to fill the b and c pillars with expanding foam, as well as the top windshield frame, the channels above the door seals, and I'll probably spray some into zip lock bags to fill the voids in the wheel well areas in the trunk. I'm running an infinite baffle sub setup, so I have alot of sealing to do from the trunk to passenger area.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...