focal vs alpine

Um, to me, natural means flat or accurate. It means the sound is reproduced naturally, without adding tonality or coloration.
Maybe an expert can jump in and tell us what it usually means in the audio world, because warm and laid back doesn't sound right for some reason.
Individual interpretaion of terminology, my friend. You hit the nail on the head by saying "without tonality or coloration". //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif And to me that means warm and laid back.

Individual interpretaion of terminology, my friend. You hit the nail on the head by saying "without tonality or coloration". //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif And to me that means warm and laid back.
Warm indicates softer high treble frequencies and more harmonics in the midrange. Laid back also indicates less treble frequencies. That doesn't sound natural to me.

Warm and laid back are on the opposite end of the spectrum from bright and aggressive. Natural is in the middle of the spectrum, not at one of the ends.

I mean, you can interpret it any way you like, but such different interpretations will lead to there being incorrect assumptions when communicating with other people about speakers. And I'm not saying my interpretation is right, I don't know, but they can't both be right.

Warm and laid back are on the opposite end of the spectrum from bright and aggressive. Natural is in the middle of the spectrum, not at one of the ends.
Warm & Laid back like at the beach Yeah!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I had the SPX-177R's I liked them..

I can tell you in my install I had them on a 2Chl Arc CXL2100 (100x2)

Then Installed (2) Zapco 200C2-Sl's

Bie-amped them..

It was AWSOME!

Iv had focals & I installed them everyday..

Iv still looked into getting another set of the SPX's for my Dad & Girl..

I really enjoyed the sound & the stage was very nice the Xovers are great for passive..

Keep us posted

Troy

All good points. This makes sense to me.

Hmmm, maybe we should create a picture of such a spectrum and see if we can get it stickied....

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Wow there are people who understand car audio on this forum

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Wow there are people who understand car audio on this forum
So what's your excuse then?! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Warm indicates softer high treble frequencies and more harmonics in the midrange. Laid back also indicates less treble frequencies. That doesn't sound natural to me.

I mean, you can interpret it any way you like, but such different interpretations will lead to there being incorrect assumptions when communicating with other people about speakers. And I'm not saying my interpretation is right, I don't know, but they can't both be right.
Well, we are dealing with using language to try to convey how speakers "sound" so there is more than a small chance of some miscommunication. But I think that a lot of people would associate "natural" more with the warm and laid back end of the spectrum. In contrast, I don't think anyone would ever associate "natural" with the bright/ aggressive end of the spectrum.

So there.

Well, we are dealing with using language to try to convey how speakers "sound" so there is more than a small chance of some miscommunication. But I think that a lot of people would associate "natural" more with the warm and laid back end of the spectrum. In contrast, I don't think anyone would ever associate "natural" with the bright/ aggressive end of the spectrum.
Well said. Exactly what I was doing.

OK. We are all right, we interpret it the same way in different wording. We could definitely start a sticky on this wording subject. The knowledge cup runeth over on caraudio.com watch out.LOL

Just an example:

Guy 1-"That subs rockin"

Guy 2-"That sub is loud as a motherfuc***"

So there.

I agree. But I never liked the term "natural" though, it's too open to interpretation... to me, natural would be like listening to live music in a park. However, most of the time in the real world, most of us are listening to a studio recording mixed by a another human listening to headphones. You are going to have a tough time making the later sound live with speaker selection... the musical imformation is not in the recording to begin with.... and even if you did, what would a live acoustic recording sound like on those same speakers? Do you see the conflicting goals?

how about DLS Iridium?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.