focal highs!!!!!!!!!!!!

searcy1321
10+ year member

n/a
i am going to put new speakers in my truck, polyglass is about the right price range for me. i wont a clear, crisp, clean, sound.

truck: toyota tacoma x-runner

front: 6x9 with tweeter spot on the door

rear : 6.5

subs 2=RL-i 10 .5 cuft each

should i run it like this

front: 6x9 690 CV1 (and remove the tweeter and put it in the door panel) can u do that

rear: 6.5 165 V2

or

front: 6.5 165 V2

rear: 6.5 165 V2

the 165 V2 and 690 CV1 info: http://www.focal-america.com/

(((go TO Products---Speakers---Polyglass---Pick 690 CV1---there will be a red extra tab in the corner of the 690CV1 page---then find and click the models to get specs)))

p.s. i tried to put them on her but its a pdf file and it would not go to the url

if u need any more info just ask

i have no amps yet working with the speakers first

thanks

chris

I don't think Focal makes a 6X9 component set... stick with 6.5" comps.

Since you have a sub, there is no need for comps in the rear.... get one better set for the front.

Since you like Focal, I would get something from the kevlar line... or save some money and get Cerwin Vega V-Max-65 convertible comps from onlinecarstereo.com... they sound like the kevlars for much less.

I don't think Focal makes a 6X9 component set... stick with 6.5" comps.
Since you have a sub, there is no need for comps in the rear.... get one better set for the front.

Since you like Focal, I would get something from the kevlar line... or save some money and get Cerwin Vega V-Max-65 convertible comps from onlinecarstereo.com... they sound like the kevlars for much less.
its a 2way no crossover

i dont recommend ppl on this forum cuz i live half way across the world and the stuff that i get here is mostly european production(and a **** load of chinese garbage) so i cant say whats your best buy...im just gonna say that if i were u id stay away from focal, at least in that price range...utopia line and that top of the line **** is fantastic but this is a whole nother story to tell...

i dont recommend ppl on this forum cuz i live half way across the world and the stuff that i get here is mostly european production(and a **** load of chinese garbage) so i cant say whats your best buy...im just gonna say that if i were u id stay away from focal, at least in that price range...utopia line and that top of the line **** is fantastic but this is a whole nother story to tell...
Most of those European production speakers are better than the crap that gets recommended here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Seas, Dynaudio, Rainbow, Scanspeak, DLS,etc...

dynaudio, scanspeak and dls are pretty pricy in my country, rainbow i cant even get without ordering abroad...id recommend a phase evolution cfs 165 if he can get it thru ebay(its the equivolent of the dls reference series, just better)..i had both on the same amps, and phase sounded light years better.it was a bit more expensive then polyglass though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.