Morel Piccolo Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

GeeTEye
10+ year member

I've decided to run a Morel 3 way set up for my front stage ( can get the set cheeper buying it A la carte). I decided after reading the review of the Supremo 6 2 way set up where they raved about the Piccolo's that I may run some of those in my Elate setup. The Supremo subs just didnt seem to be worth the $1500 and I got a killer deal on some Elate 6". My plan is to run an Elate 6", a mid and then possibly the Piccolo instead of the MT23's that come with the Elate setup. My question is... if I will only be running 75RMS to the tweets is it even worth the extra money in your opinion getting the Piccolos? I will ultimatly be running them at the bottom of the A pillars properly angled maybe active???. Either of the mentioned tweets would see true 75RMS. Are the Piccolos worth the extra money if they are not pushed harder than 75watts.

I don't know that many people have had that much experience with these particular items you are referring to. Just give it some time for the OGs to comment.

ive used the with 70 rms and they sound terrible....you could have distortion for sure...

you will need 100 rms----> to make them shine !! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

its a big tweet that needs a lot of power to get low...

ive try them at 800 hz !! but with 200 rms going on them...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.