Fixing Broken Car Amps

Hows it going Mike? I hang out over on the diyaudio.com car audio forum quite a bit. Seen plenty of your post. Not sure if you've seen too many of mine as I haven't posted much lately. Never realized you lived so close to me. I live just southwest of Lansing. If I would have known that I probably would have sent a few of my amps your way but I've already repaired them myself.

Mike has repaired MANY of my amps and I definately suggest him.He has a couple of my amps now and has repaired many other high end amps.I have had him repair quite a few of my friends amps also.

You emailed me about your autotek amp .

If you have a multimeter set it to dc volts. Unplug the rca jacks.

Leave power ground and remote hooked up to it.

Power the amp up and place black meter probe on the amps - speaker terminal and place red probe on the amps + speaker terminal .

Do you have any voltage on the speaker terminals??

Dudes a scammer.
You have anything to back this up, or just talking out ur azz?

OP if you want to fix some amps get some refs going or give us links over to diyma where you said you had fixed amps for people..

If it were me looking for some work I'd be doing my best to show folks they can trust me.

I did not scam anyone I sold an amp to him and he took the money back I called paypal and they refunded the money to him. I told him i was sorry for the delay in shipping and he then got his money back so why would i send someone an amp that they got there money back for??? If you dont know the facts dont post **** on here you know nothing about.

Ive repaired amps for JonJV on this site ive also repaired a PPI A600 for wondernutz on diyaudio Ive repaired alot of amps for a pawn shop near me Its called Mr pwan everything he is located in hamilton MI . Ive repaired alot of amps for people that are local to me. Ive done alot of repairs for standale outlet In grand rapids MI.

So no im not talking out my ass .

When i get a few more amps in for repair i will tell the people to post up on here.

So you know im not talking **** .

Hi Mike,

Saw you are local (I'm in Kzoo), I have a couple JBL 1200.1 that see to not work correctly anymore. Possible you could repair these?

I could repair them for you . Im about 35 mins from D Ave . I should have the parts in stock and would only take 1 to 2 days turn around time. If you want them fixed. You can ship them to me or even come straight to my house . So then you know im no scammer and you know where your amps are at.

Let me know and ill send you the info if you wanna get them fixed.

Thanks

Can you repair burnt/toasty pcb's? I have an old PG amp that had a cap leak or blow up and the circuit board is pretty toasty around where the cap used to be. PM me an address. I have at least 3 amps laying around that need fixing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

has anyone noticed that the only people giving good refs for this guy have like 20 posts in this forum? sounds like a scammer to me , but i could be wrong. hopefully he sticks around and proves me wrong. mike if you are legit , good luck with the repairs , i'm not flaming you , just speaking my mind.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.