First time sketchup user... any advice, criticism or useful links?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Thanks for noticing that... I knew better but it slipped past me, well I better learn to do each part complete BEFORE grouping it as it seems that there are only certain things I can edit!.. is there a library to store completed shapes, parts etc?.. Where they can be used in any project?.. Has to in here somewhere... Argggh!

SKB?.. maybe, idk... if theres a library or common storage that can be accessed in all projects that would be where I'd like to store grouped shapes, 45's dowel bracing... etc for use in different projects. Easy retrevial is what im after.

I've never used a CAD type program before... it's all new to me... lol

Thanks for noticing that... I knew better but it slipped past me, well I better learn to do each part complete BEFORE grouping it as it seems that there are only certain things I can edit!.. is there a library to store completed shapes, parts etc?.. Where they can be used in any project?.. Has to in here somewhere... Argggh!
im figure it out in a day or so. i'm freaking tired. had to bust *** last night because i works with idiots.

[quote name='Papermaker85']im figure it out in a day or so. i'm freaking tired. had to bust *** last night because i works with idiots.[/QUOTE]

Im gonna keep looking at the program... it's in here somewhere... im gone all weekend so ill resume Sunday evening. Thanks for the save @Papermaker85 I should have caught that port width issue... duh!

[quote name='shredder2']Im gonna keep looking at the program... it's in here somewhere... im gone all weekend so ill resume Sunday evening. Thanks for the save @Papermaker85 I should have caught that port width issue... duh![/QUOTE]

i ******* hate this program. lol

cancel that I got it and its ******* A ******
You got wut?.. I been away from home (no computer) all weekend, please tell me you found the storage place for created objects. That will save me a ton of time by letting me create an 8" aero for example, saving it then just importing it and extruding it to length by editing. Idk how to create a flare yet but once I figure it out I'll wanna save it after getting it right.

You got wut?.. I been away from home (no computer) all weekend, please tell me you found the storage place for created objects. That will save me a ton of time by letting me create an 8" aero for example, saving it then just importing it and extruding it to length by editing. Idk how to create a flare yet but once I figure it out I'll wanna save it after getting it right.
Not yet slice. Been busy af since then..

I'm getting the hang of this program, but I still would like to know if there is a library within the program where I can store objects for future use like aeros or 45's then import em into whatever I'm working on. Creating a circular flare is really challenging, does anyone have any tips?

3Z9CU5.jpg

Really, any tips would be appreciated as I'm lost as to what video to view as a tutorial... there's so many... thx in advance

I'm getting the hang of this program, but I still would like to know if there is a library within the program where I can store objects for future use like aeros or 45's then import em into whatever I'm working on. Creating a circular flare is really challenging, does anyone have any tips?
3Z9CU5.jpg

Really, any tips would be appreciated as I'm lost as to what video to view as a tutorial... there's so many... thx in advance[/

I seem to remember there being something similar to what you are looking for. I think they are called components in SketchUp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seem to remember there being something similar to what you are looking for. I think they are called components in SketchUp

Thanks @bandit_kb that was such a help... got it now... It was there, I knew it!

Any ideas on how to extrude a round hollow cylinder into a flare, to make an aero? This has me really stumped, I can save it now so I'd like to be able to make one correctly. Just getting the hollow cylinder extruded is easy... but to flare the ends is beyond me... any links?

Any ideas on how to extrude a round hollow cylinder into a flare, to make an aero? This has me really stumped, I can save it now so I'd like to be able to make one correctly. Just getting the hollow cylinder extruded is easy... but to flare the ends is beyond me... any links?
Try googling drawing flares in SketchUp

Try googling drawing flares in SketchUp

I will... thanks again, I did one, but it's a hack job and really... I don't think I could duplicate it (not that I'd want to)... At least I can save it once I finally get it right!

iDvk20.jpg

Gettin' the hang of this but I'm still having trouble with flared shapes (aeros). I've tried to find an instructional video that's pertinent but have exhausted all options I've found... any links or ideas anyone? Thank you for any info in advance.

lPfFRe.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.