First time building a system with a factory head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

Greg B

CarAudio.com Recruit
I have a 2011 santa fe with the base stereo. Does anyone know if I'd have to worry about roll off? Also I'll be using my 4 channel kicker key and was curious about the best place to wire the loc for the sub. My plan is to use radio and car side harnesses to avoid cutting anything. I could run the key active off the front channels then wire the loc into the rears. I'm leaning towards running it in 4 channel mode though and in that case I assume I'd tap in before the amp for the loc. I know an lc6i would solve all my problems but I will already be putting an amp behind the dash and don't know how much room I'll have plus it would be nice to save a few bucks

I'm leaning towards running it in 4 channel mode though and in that case I assume I'd tap in before the amp for the loc. I know an lc6i would solve all my problems
I thought the Kicker Key series amplifiers had a built in LOC. If they do, there is no need to use another LOC on the rear channels. If the Kicker is a four channel, it should have 4 inputs. Would you post a picture of the input side of it?

It's currently installed in another car but the input has 4 rca's that you cut off for speaker level signal. I forget if there's a high/low switch or if it's automatic. I'll need the loc because the key doesn't have outputs, just speaker wires.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...