First time amp and speaker install

Yes I know, and since it's a dual vc its already pushing 2ohm and I can't do 2 in parallel. lol If I choose to go with 2 subs in the future, i'll probably go 15". All or nothing ya know.

So I finally got the 4 channel working, turns out I had a fuse that was just snugged into place and was causing the intermittent problems. I have my front 5.25" 4 ohm's powered normally off the front channels. I paralleled the kicker 6x8's and kenwood 6x9's to run 2 ohm on the rear channels. I can't turn the volume above 8 or 9 (out of 30) without some ear pain. Whew.

I just picked up a DUAL amp that can do 4/3 channels at 1200 watts max 600 rms. The rear parcel shelf in my sedan already had 2 6x8 4ohm aftermarket speakers(200max) in it when I bought it. I bought a pair of kenwood 6x9 4ohm speakers(300max) and i'm thinking of wiring 2 of each in series for the 2 "front" channels. This will to cut the power going to each speaker to 75-80 rms because of the now 8 ohm resistance per channel. 4 speakers firing into the cabin from the shelf should be nice. That should leave me 600 watts max on the bridged rear channels to install a sub at 2 ohms. Let me know if my thinking about setting this 3 Chanel setup is wrong.
some of us don't even run rear speakers in fact I'm taking mine out next weekend to use 6x9" holes in rear deck to allow bass from sub into cabin., also if anything u need more speakers (or more power to those 2) in front of you not behind u.. u would be better off powering front speakers with front 2 channels bridging 3/4 channels to 1 sub also make sure it's a svc 4 ohm or d2 wired to 4ohm u can't bridge to a 2 ohm or d4 sub wired to 2 ohm that amp won't do that.. u can run rear speakers from hu or u can run 1 rear and 1 front speakers per channel right and left 2 ohm load u just won't have fader.. sorry didn't see u guys had already got all this..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.