First system, I need Help.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi guys I am new to the whole car audio thing and I stumbled upon this site and was hoping that I could get some help.

Ok, I turn 16 in August so I have the whole summer to build this system for my 2001 4WD 4 Door Chevy Blazer. I am wanting to spend around $1000 on this but I what room to upgrade my system. I am going to be a sophomore next year and I would like to have one of the nicest systems at my High school. I would like it to go boom, but I also want good sound quality. Installation shouldn't be a problem, my dad used to have one of the loudest stereos so he kinda knows what I need and how to install it, but the last time he messed with any car audio was 20+ years ago so some of the companies he used aren't around anymore. I would like to know what the best setup would be for my price range and what places you recommend I buy it.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

****! kids' already smarter than I was when I was 16, my first system was an overpriced piece of ****. If you want used check this site's classified's best place to buy nice stereo equipment is from car audio enthusiasts. More advice to follow too drunk/high/tired to type right now time for games.

look into Sound solutions audio, sundown audio, Digital Designs, Fi car audio, t3, Audioque, There are alot of good brands out there. For amp you could look into audioque, sundown, kicker makes decent amps. For an enclosure, buy a sheet or two of MDF at lowes and custom make it yourself! Or you could ask a few people on here to build you a box or give you a box plan.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.