First setup need help setting up 4 subs two sets dual 4 ohm, how should I run Amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

drvsbsm

Its a budget setup more for SPL but here is what I have 2 Audiopipe 1500s Mono Blocks and 2 sets of HiFonics subs.

So here is what I have

2 Audiopipe 1500 Mono Amps

1 Set of Hifonics Brutus BRZ12D4 watt 600 RMS

1 set HiFonics HFX12D4 400 watt RMS

Should I run the AMPs to each set or should I split the Subs up and run one Brutus and one of the other Subs the HFX12D4 off of each AMP?

So basically, I have one set of Hifonics Brutus subs (BRZ12D4) which are rated 600 watt RMS and a set of HiFonics (HFX12d4) which are rated 400 watt RMS, Im going to run each Audiopipe Amp to 2 of the subs, I just dont know which amp I should run to each. Should I run the Audiopipe 1500 to each set individually, or should I run each Audiopipe Amp to 1 Brutus and 1 HFX1244 splitting the sets requiring less watts for each amp?

what are the model numbers of everything? thats not enough info to answer your question. the best advice i can give is if you are running more than one amp to a sub make sure they are identical amps with the same settings. if it was me i would run one amp to one 400 watt sub and one 600 watt sub in series and just mirror that with the other amp. if you find the amps dont put out too much distortion you could probably get away with running the subs in parallel getting more power. keep in mind that your amp will only run at 1500 watts at its lowest stable ohm rating with a constant supply of 14.4 volts assuming 1500 watts is RMS.

so the two amps are the same?

and you have four subs, two different types but all are dual 4 ohm?

and you want to run all four?

sure, you can do it.

one amp powers on pair, the other amp powers the other pair. each amp sees a 1 ohm load.

typically, you would use a DMM and 50Hz test tone to get the same AC Voltage out of each amp (when setting gains) so all subs see the same power. but if the subs have different sensitivity and T/S parameters, they will respond differently. ideally, you want all four subs to be the same volume, but if it's just bass you want, you are set.

make sure each set of subs is in their own enclosure/airspace. you don't want to share airspace with all four - two will lose out.

Here is some more info if it helps.

I have both sets of subs 1. set of HFX12D4 - 4ohm Dual voice coil and one set of BRZ12D4 - 4ohm Dual voice coil and 2 Amps - Audiopipe 1500s Mono Block that actually run about 1450 RMS at peak settings at 1 ohm.

I already have a box also It is Prefab for now this was a budget setup . The box has 4 separate chambers that are split up. the subs ask for 1.25 in a sealed box and the box I have is only 1 so I'm .25 short, so I know I will need to fix this, I heard that I could use some kind of stuffing material in the box to make up for the .25 I need?

I'm pretty new at this and a lot has changed in the last 15 years. I'm 33 now and haven't done anything with Audio since I was in High School when Rockford, MTX and Pioneer was bumpin off an old school Punch 40 I had, with no special wiring 0/1 gauge and the other stuff, things have changed so much since then. I don't have a very good car for audio really because its a convertible 2000 Sebring JXI Limited Edition, that has a sealed trunk so I cant even pull my back seat down, lots of space in the trunk though, I was think of putting the subs in the back seat but I don't want it to blow my **** rag top off my car, or mess it up making it loose or rip it.

I was just wanting to know if it would be better to run the Subs as sets or run one Brutus sub and one HFX together from each amp, because it would then require less Watts pulled from each Amp.

The BRZs are 600 watt RMS

The HFXs are 400 watt RMS.

If I run them together as sets it would require the amp to Use more watts on the BRZs at 1200 watt RMS, if I run the sets split up It would be

1 - BRZ 600 RMS

&

1 - HFX 400 RMS = 1000

It would be 1000 watts from the amp instead of 1200. Anyways it was just a thought.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.