First post, advice on my setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

wtxdrummer

texas
Hello everyone, first post here. I wanted to get some advice/opinions on my first "real" system for my 2005 Silverado 1500 Ext cab. I'm wanting to go big the first time so I don't start getting an upgrade itch. I'm looking for excellent sound quality mainly, but also want something very powerful and loud as well. Here's what I'm thinking, any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Bass Amp: Rockford Fosgate Punch P1000X1BD

Midrange/Tweeter Amp: Rockford Fosgate Punch P400X4

Subwoofers: 2 Rockford Fosgate Punch P3D4-12's

Midrange: 4 Rockford Fosgate Punch PRO PPS4-6's

Tweeters: 2 Rockford Fosgate Punch PRO PP4-T's

Wires: RFK8 and RFK4 (Chose Rockford because they double the warranty if you use RF wire kit)

Box: Sub Thump

Thanks

Brandon

What would you suggest Phoenix? I haven't bought anything yet, just trying to get setup picked out. Chose rockford cause a friend said they have excellent quality/reliability

Your head unit choice is excellent, but RF hasn't been awesome for a while in my opinion. If you want to go big you need to do some investigation in to lesser known brands. You can do a lot better with your hard earned dollar. If you haven't spent 40 hours researching your equipment you haven't spent enough time. Don't be afraid of old and used either (as long as it is in good shape). Some of the best stuff ever was made years ago.

Thanks for the input. Doing more research. Would a INCRIMINATOR AUDIO IA10.1 be a better choice than that P1000 for bass?

Your head unit choice is excellent, but RF hasn't been awesome for a while in my opinion. If you want to go big you need to do some investigation in to lesser known brands. You can do a lot better with your hard earned dollar. If you haven't spent 40 hours researching your equipment you haven't spent enough time. Don't be afraid of old and used either (as long as it is in good shape). Some of the best stuff ever was made years ago.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.