First Install-amp problems need some advice.

colmc11

Thanks for looking.

I need some advice on some troubleshooting for my first install, which is an amp and 2 subs.(Specs below). I will start by saying that I have yet to get any sound out of my setup, but I am SO CLOSE. My amp will turn on(the protected light is green so I am assuming it is not in protected mode, subs work, all power and remote wires are good, all connections are good, and all RCA and line output converter work is seemingly good.

Problem: No speaker output charge, no RCA input charge, no line output converter charge, no sound at all from either sub.

Stereo works fine, I have not confirmed amp works but it turns on fine.(used) Edit: I forgot to add that all my factory speakers work fine right now.

Any tips?

I have done hours of research and although it has helped I just cannot figure it out!

Thanks

SPECS: 1 Bazooka 8" tube, 1 memphis belle 16-MAD600 5 channel amp, 1 factory premium sound 8" sub, factory Mach 1 audio head unit.

2001 Ford Expedition Eddie Baeur-Mach 1 Audio

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess before the factory amp? Im not completely sure I have it tapped in to all the wires right by their connections to the head unit. Where is the ideal location of the loc? I assumed it was right by my factory head unit.

Thanks

I guess before the factory amp? Im not completely sure I have it tapped in to all the wires right by their connections to the head unit. Where is the ideal location of the loc? I assumed it was right by my factory head unit.Thanks
Double check that your wires are actually tapped into by the loc. I've had that happen and led me to believe I had a channel out on my amp, but in actuality, I just didn't tap into one the wires correctly. Also make sure that your loc is actually tapped into your speaker wires.

Also, you want to have the loc tapped into the FRONT or REAR speakers not the LEFT or RIGHT speakers, otherwise, if you have music that plays certain parts through the RIGHT channel only, and your loc is tapped into the wires for the LEFT speakers, you will get very little to no response at that point in the music.

Update: Thank you all for your help, but it seems it was all out of our control. The amp was in a boat for an extended period of time, and although its location seemed watertight somehow it is broken. I took it into an audio shop to get it bench tested and they also got nothing on input or output. We are going to send it in to Memphis Belle to get it repaired. Thank you for your recommendations on the loc but I just used it to install another self-amplified sub it is working fine.

Once again, thanks

The loc should be tapped in after the factory amp on either the right or left speakers.
FYI. If you only tap left or right and not both you will not be getting stereo signal to the amp. almost all music and a difference between left and right channels. so you will only be playing half the music.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.