First box: Looking for advice on my design before starting

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hemanshs85
10+ year member

Oklahoma
I'm going to start building my first box soon and I found a design on another site that I think will work. I have an AQ1200 and 2 Skar VVX Series 10s If someone with more experience could confirm that there aren't any big errors it would be awesome!

My NNBS Ported Sub Enclosure Build - Chevy Truck Forum | GMC Truck Forum - GmFullsize.com

This is the link to the thread that I found the design on. The basic design is uploaded below.

I'm raising my seats 2 inches so the box will be 12 and 7 inches tall instead of 10.5 and 5.5. The subs will be placed on each side of the transmission hump, unlike the shown design with them both on one side, and the board that goes over the hump will only be 12 inches long, instead of extending to the other end like the displayed design.

My port will be centered over the transmission hump instead of being through the side. 4x5x12 which should give me about 3.25 inches of clearance from the back wall and a tuning of 32.15 according to Torres Box Calculator. Is this acceptable?

The Skar's have a mounting depth of 6.5 and a cutout of 9.5 inches. I think I have room to fit them w/o them hitting the slanted top portion of the box but I'm a bit concerned the back of them will be very close to the top. If I need an extra .5 inches or something to fit them I think I can raise the seats a bit higher.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

you'll get a better out put from the subs and box ,if you fire the ports to each side off the rear doors .center port in these trucks dont have very good results .i've already tried it both ways in my 97 z 71 and the side ports work way better and louder .

you'll get a better out put from the subs and box ,if you fire the ports to each side off the rear doors .center port in these trucks dont have very good results .i've already tried it both ways in my 97 z 71 and the side ports work way better and louder .
So you think I should separate them into two chambers and then port it at the back of the box with the bottom and back as common walls on both sides? Torres shows I can go 4x3x18 on each side and get 32.57. There wouldn't be any bends on either side.

Mine is a shared chamber approx 3.0.^3 ported at 34 hertz with 2 vfl 8" subs I have 2. 3" ports at 10" each one on each side towards the back of the box I have pics

Mine is a shared chamber approx 3.0.^3 ported at 34 hertz with 2 vfl 8" subs I have 2. 3" ports at 10" each one on each side towards the back of the box I have pics
Could you upload the pics or message them to me please?

Send me a text. 650-483-4312. Jim
Alright thanks!

If anyone else has some insight or guidance I would be glad to hear it! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.