first box...be gentle

that box is rough....lol.

You will get better with practice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
when i started i was all excited and had all these visions in my head...then as time progressed i just started getting lazy and annoyed with my shitty progress lol. **** i might just get my dremel and sand down the sides and repaint the whole **** thing.

the one on the right is a sub, the one on the left is a variable mass passive radiator. It functions as a port, and just makes the sub louder. It doesnt have a motor or anything.
do these work near as well as a port? I'm kinda new at this stuff so I'm just curious...

do these work near as well as a port? I'm kinda new at this stuff so I'm just curious...

Sort of, its main application is to provide a similar porting methodolgy without having the build issues for the length of the port if you dont have room for a big box.

You dont see passive radiator setups much these days in lets say, production car audio speaker enclosures. They used to be really popular back about 1986-88, but are still used fequently in home applications.

Have fun sanding that down for hours with the dremel
Hmm i dont think it would take that long, i have those drum sanding attachments. But then again the fiberglass filler is a hell of a lot harder than the mdf i was sanding.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.