First Amp You Fell in Love With?

First one... probably a Sounstream Rubicon 702 -- the things we did to that amp... I am still amazed to this day we didn't blow it up (Brandon and I).

I also had a thing for my Linear Power 2.2HV and (don't laugh) MA Audio 5082HX.

Old school surfboard Sansui, never had the funds for it, and cant find one these days...Always wanted that amp,approx 3-4ft long i guess n 18in wide.Last time saw one was on Ebay approx 3yrs ago, and a guy in Hawaii wanted like $1500.
If you are a collector and really one it I would suggest looking at eBay Germany or UK. I purchased numerous amounts of car audio from those sites. I got a working and near mint condition RF Power 650 for $70, a McIntosh MC431M for $250 (working), etc. I did not pay for shipping because I lived there at the time. I used to get a lot of Premier Pioneer, Kenwood, etc top of the line stuff too when I lived in Japan. I still do not pay a lot for shipping because I have friends in those locations who go to the local military base and send it USPS. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

5365460014_large.jpg

Kenwood PS 300t back in 2000 when I was running 2 12" Punch DVC subs in my brand new Honda Civic SI. I was in high school so I thought I was s**t. New + loudest audio system back then..lol

Alpine MRV-1507. My brother has one and I just always loved the way it looked, and it really is a power-house. I'm waiting for him to offer me to buy it. I don't know what I'd do with it, but I'd like.

Phoenix Gold Xenon X1200.1. Gorgeous and just stupid powerful for what I was used to using and being around.

Soundstream Reference 500. My friend let me have it when it blew and and I unfortunately had to part with it. I believe Grinder on here bought it off of me.

For it would be either kicker dx700 or the mmats dhcx2200
well, i may be tempted to part with mine...... sounds nice

Kicker 04KX1200.1 would buy another if I had the chance
lol, got one of those, too, but it's a bit naked, gonna finish it off with an acrylic top, just have to figure how i'm going to print the controlls

Directed 1100D loved the amp so much.
I was blown away at 15 years old that an amp could deliver 1100watts
i would have to say that is probably my most beloed and used amp. currently have 6 of them and only 1 is 2002 model. they really were bulletproof, and i remember the 16st1000d's being the matched competition, but, i believe the directeds handled more abuse, likely from the larger cooling area, as they were pretty close in build.

First one... probably a Sounstream Rubicon 702 -- the things we did to that amp... I am still amazed to this day we didn't blow it up (Brandon and I).
I also had a thing for my Linear Power 2.2HV and (don't laugh) MA Audio 5082HX.
beautiful amps, those soundstreams. first amp i bought brand new was a ss ref1000sx, which was the s model with a few power supply revisions that made the p/s section a cross between the rubicons (1002) and the earlier models. i really cannot say i have ever heard or seen better actual constant, solid decernable power management during normal operation. really, i would not say it was the first amp i really fell in love with, it was the amp that i didn't know what i had until later. i got that one back (blown, of course) and many others, posted in the os collectors thread. the directeds may be real informed love of a product, but i think the first one i really loved was an old sherwood 400watt? may have been a 200, but i cannot remember the number at all. all i can remember is that it was silver, kind of rounded, like a cross between an opti 200.2, and a ppi pc series, and well underrated, from what it did for the next guy. i would love to have one again. i have many amps that i fell in love with over the years, but do not even know where to look for that one. having multiples of my favorites does not quench the hunger either, lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.