First Amp You Fell in Love With?

lionfamlee
Premium Member

Premium Member
What was the first amp you fell in "love" with?

Mine was a Rockford Fosgate Punch 75HD many a moon ago (1991). I had a Kenwood amp; that was running two 10" JBLs. The amp blew after a few short months, so I went to a local pawnshop and the guy pointed me to a few amps. He recommended a few; one being the Punch 75. I looked at it and saw that it was only rated at 37.5 watts per channel (2) so I dismissed it. He let me hook about 7 different amps up, finally I said what the hell and went hooked up the Punch 75......and....****! I was blown away by that little amp which had a low power rating could push those 10's so hard. That thing could run all day and I eventually ran two 15's off that little amp.

p500.2

177602d1237738809-vendo-amplificadores-p5002.jpg

Old school fultron 75x4 found it in a pawn shop, have yet to see another to this day. Don't remember what I did with it, but it did around 600w LOL. Supposedly its the 4 channel of the memphis belle

My Boss 800 watt amp. Back in my nooby days, i was happy cause it made my system pound haha. Only thing though the amp would always get hot and go into protect and I never knew why.

Looking back at it now, I realize my subs were wired to 1 ohms on the amp -_-

Old school fultron 75x4 found it in a pawn shop, have yet to see another to this day. Don't remember what I did with it, but it did around 600w LOL. Supposedly its the 4 channel of the memphis belle

I believe I have one in my collection (40 plus amps). I will take a look when I get home. I had that same PPI you talked about back in the day.

I believe I have one in my collection (40 plus amps). I will take a look when I get home. I had that same PPI you talked about back in the day.
I believe the fultron was white with pink or green lettering, something "competition" on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.