Finished my box for the 15w6's last weekend.

Im too lazy to look up the specs and do the math, but I think its safe to guess that, even with that little of port area, 8" long ports are not giving you a 30hz tuning.

I just went by JL recommendations for the port area. lol. & I cut all the PVC to 8 inches each. I had no idea that the size of the pvc mattered lol. I kinda just went off of Buck's base plans for the box he was going to design for me, but he never got back to me on it. He kinda backed out on this idea and wanted to do a slot port, but I mentioned that it would not fit the trunk, unless he could design a way that could. Then I just never really got a reply.
He said that this should be tuned to 30hz, but I probably did something to mess that up.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

With the way everything on that box turned out, it would've been hard to fit more port area than that with flared aeros due to the fact that they would have to be fairly long for the tuning, and with the height you had I felt like that would've interfered with the subs. I'm sorry I never got back to you on it. I get quite a few emails, let me look back into that.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
With the way everything on that box turned out, it would've been hard to fit more port area than that with flared aeros due to the fact that they would have to be fairly long for the tuning, and with the height you had I felt like that would've interfered with the subs. I'm sorry I never got back to you on it. I get quite a few emails, let me look back into that.
Round ports, and/or (actual) aero ports, require less port area than square ports (which also means less port length)... so Im not sure why you make it sound like going with a slot port was the more space efficient design.

Not trying to bust your balls, just something doesn't sound right with your logic. Maybe Im just misunderstanding your reply.

Round ports, and/or (actual) aero ports, require less port area than square ports (which also means less port length)... so Im not sure why you make it sound like going with a slot port was the more space efficient design.
Not trying to bust your balls, just something doesn't sound right with your logic. Maybe Im just misunderstanding your reply.
That's not what I was saying. I was saying that I couldn't fit more aeros in there because of the dimensions of the box and the mounting depth of the woofers. They would've been to close for comfort imo.

Sounds like PVC elbows should have been part of the design then. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I recommend using them many times even if space/depth is not a concern, because you dont want your port mouth to be too close to the speaker. If it is too close, the speaker and port will couple together, not allowing the entire enclosure to pressurize correctly, and the enclosure will perform like its smaller than it really is.

2-6" aeros would fit in there comfortably or a single 8"and aero would do nicely I would look at rebuilding the box as it will yield some great results I bet you r tuned somewhere close to 50hz if not higher.

Thank you all for your input, & don't worry about it buck I wasn't calling you out or anything. I understand your probably extremely busy with all your box request, I just became impatient and decided to wing it. But I'll get back to your email as soon as I can, kinda hectic day today. Once again thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.