Finished my box for the 15w6's last weekend.

xmakeafistx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Kenosha, WI
Extremely sloppy setup, obviously not the best.

I think I did decent on the box though. I'm pretty new to all of this.

Pictures are also kinda crappy, but whatever. Comments/opinions/advice/ etc is acceptable.

Just nobody bringing their biased uneducated "opinions" around.

2ihs5mg.jpg

nwcvus.jpg

This is what I still have left to do.. Bracing, some decent terminals (suggestions would be great) and thicker wire.

Please forgive me for some of the dumbshit things I probably did with this setup, Once again I am rather new.

I had a pair of 15" w6's in high school in the late 90's. Loved those things, wish I still had em. I remember they did great in smallish to medium sealed boxes, never ran them ported.

Those are not aero ports.
x2, I hate it when people refer to plain round ports as aero ports.

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

6.5 cubes.. I think. Lol. & Yeah these are old as hell haha.
I honestly expected these to get a lot louder though, am I going wrong with the port area or amount of cubic feet?

heres manual and stuff for those of you who really wanna help, lolol. http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/15_18W6_BDS.pdf
Your port area is on the small side, but you're also firing the subs up, right into your trunk lid(and it looks like it would be pretty close to the lid). That's probably killing some of your sound as well.

I had 2 of these sealed in my 240sx back in the day.... Amp was a hcca 250 and then went something diff for awhile.

Man those things just hurt yours ears!! was **** loud...

Op, you should try more port area

Also the pvc your using now seems to be mighty short
THIS! Doesn't that concern anyone else? lol. OP what is the length for the ports and what was your desired tuning frequency?

Please don't tell me you just cut the PVC to a random length and threw it in there (don't laugh, I know a full grown electrical engineer that does this)

Yes, I noticed the short length of the ports. But the port area is pretty small, which means port length for a given tuning freq is shorter, and for all I know he intended to tune pretty high.

I had 3 of these back in the day in a Ford EXP on a chrome RF punch power 500.2...I thought that 1k-1200 was nuts...well it kinda was I guess for back then haha.

I just went by JL recommendations for the port area. lol. & I cut all the PVC to 8 inches each. I had no idea that the size of the pvc mattered lol. I kinda just went off of Buck's base plans for the box he was going to design for me, but he never got back to me on it. He kinda backed out on this idea and wanted to do a slot port, but I mentioned that it would not fit the trunk, unless he could design a way that could. Then I just never really got a reply.

He said that this should be tuned to 30hz, but I probably did something to mess that up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.