final question before i start my sub box probably an easy question for you guys

Participant count
  • Participant list

ferretslim
10+ year member

Canada
i am going to build a 3.5 cubic foot box at 30hz listed in the free box plans going to use a Orion HCCA122 sub and Orion HCCA5000.1D amp or possibly a Orion XTR3700.1D cant decide. going to run this sub at 1ohm

going with 30hz because i don't like hearing tones from the sub just chest crushing bass super low freq might even lengthen the port a bit for lower like 28hz i have amazing mid bass from my speakers

boy did i make a mistake buying 2 10" alpine type r

but my question is in the specs they recommend mounting the sub facing up but with the port facing the front side will this screw up the tuning does the driver have to face the same way as the port?

thanks guys sure have learned a lot here

just had to figure out why i hatted the sound of these brand new type r subs

and why i thought my old ultimate 10 sounded way better at less wattage

In theory the orientation of the sub and port on the box should make little difference, in practice, optimal position of each varies greatly depending on the acoustics of the car.

What sort of listening material do you think you need 28hz tuning to reproduce?

It's going to vary greatly depending on the vehicle you're putting it in. A lot of trunk cars are louder with rear facing sub/port because of the reflections off the rear of the trunk. In practicality you won't notice that much difference so just build/install it whatever way makes most sense for the space you're using. If you were going to be competing and chasing 10ths then I would say put more thought into it or perhaps do some testing.

Also, tuning high is for ***'s, go for your low tuning OP, that's the only way to do it IMO. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.