Final Decisions on 6.5 Comps -- Help

deepthump17
10+ year member

Narrowed it down to a couple options. To start off HU is a Pioneer Premier DEH-P690UB.. Also I really want a rear fill but it's not a must if just the front comps sound better even for people in my back seat and with 2 hard hitting 12's.

EDIT: Goin w/ a front stage only, here's the specs.

I'm goin with the CDT Audio ES-610 -- 150w RMS -- definately made up my mind... Should i get a 2 channel amp or 4 chanel bridged? Is there any differences and pro/cons vs. 2 and 4 channels?

Couple Amps::

2 Channel: Hifonics ZXi 6006 125wx2@4 $140 // Cadence TXA-3002 2x150w@4 $129 //

4 Channel: Cadence TXA-3004 300x2 Bridged @ 4 $129 // Hifonics ZXi 4406 2x220 bridged@4 $155 // MTX Audio XThunder 504X 150x2@4 $150

OR: Cadence TXA-6004 150x4@4; 2x600@4 bridged incase i go w/ a rear fill later $180

Take the money you would spend on the rears and the extra money from the 4 channel and spend it on a better component set up front. Even within your budget, you could pick up a set of CMX's and find a nice 2 channel to match. This option has the potential to sound better and would be create a better environment for good imaging. In all honesty I would choose the SLC's over all the sets you listed.

Oh and for your amp options, of the two, I would go with the Hifonics. You can bridge the channels and give the SLC's or CMX's the power they would need. The main reason I suggest this amp is I have used thm before without issue. I have not used any Cadence products though, someone else may be able to give additional input on that amp.

Do you REALLY care what it sounds like in the backseat? I mean really. It's a nice thought, but the majority of the time it's just you.

I would just worry about the front stage and probably take the cadence over the hifonics, that said, I too had a hifonics running a set of Focal Polykevs a couple years ago, and in the Texas sun you could fry an egg on that thing it got so **** hot... but it never once went in to protect.

Consider the Hertz HSK 165 as well, can be had for 299 + Cadence TXA-3002 @ 129 (http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=6097)

So the better component set up front will sound better for rear passengers and also sound better with 2 12's. Will it be as loud as a component set + rears?
I would choose that any day. Will it be louder? Maybe. If you just want loud, then get as many speakers as you can. If you want it to sound good and have an actual sound stage, go with a single set of upgraded comps.

Do you really have passengers that are in the car specifically to listen to music? I never have. Ever. If you must have some sound back there, use the HU to put some back there. Since I went with a single "good" set up front I would never go back.

Ok thanks for the input guys I'm looking into the higher line CDT's and Rainbow SLC's now. Anybody else have input on the amps? What would be a good amp thats cost effective to run 1 set of good components? Max of 180 but want it to be cheaper.

How would the CDT Audio ES-610 - CDT Audio EuroSport 6.5" 2 Way Component Speakers be? I'm going with either that or a Rainbow SLC Kick or Rainbow CMX but i cant find a U.S. dealer of the rainbow's could somebody give me a link because i want to check out the prices.

I'm goin with the CDT Audio ES-610 -- 150w RMS -- definately made up my mind... Should i get a 2 channel amp or 4 chanel bridged? Is there any differences and pro/cons vs. 2 and 4 channels?

Couple Amps::

2 Channel: Hifonics ZXi 6006 125wx2@4 $140 // Cadence TXA-3002 2x150w@4 $129 //

4 Channel: Cadence TXA-3004 300x2 Bridged @ 4 $129 // Hifonics ZXi 4406 2x220 bridged@4 $155 // MTX Audio XThunder 504X 150x2@4 $150

OR: Cadence TXA-6004 150x4@4; 2x600@4 bridged incase i go w/ a rear fill later $180

make sure to check which crossover and tweeter you're getting with the set. "said company" can often times screw you over on that stuff.....make it look like a great deal until you realize it ships with the most budget crossover and tweeter around. it's possible the mid could be the only high end piece of equipment in that set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.