Infinity Kappas?

The first set of speakers I ever had were kappas. While that was... 10 years? ago, I loved them. They are not a bad speaker; there is of course better out there, how much do you have to spend?

I'm trying to build a loud-clean sounding system for not a lot of money. I bought the amp and Found that it is a little big for a lot of speakers out there that are rated for that kind of power at a low price. The kappas I have been told will handle alot more power than they are rated for. I'm trying to keep the front set below $200.

Kappa's are definately a loud speaker, but I found the CMMD tweeters to be far too bright for accurate musical reproduction.

They also were somewhat lacking in the midbass department. They aren't a terrible speaker, but better can be had for the money.

Do some searching on here and you'll find something better

CT

For under $200, heres some suggestions:

-Pioneer REVs

-Phoenix Gold RSDs

-Orion HCCA 6.2

-Polk MOMO

-Cerwin Vega VMAX 65

-Precision Power 356cs and Focal 165v1 (they might be a bit over $200, but look on eBay you might be able to get some to suit your budget)

Kappa's are definately a loud speaker, but I found the CMMD tweeters to be far too bright for accurate musical reproduction.
They also were somewhat lacking in the midbass department. They aren't a terrible speaker, but better can be had for the money.

Do some searching on here and you'll find something better

CT
That explaination is very on point.. Had them in my girlfriends car then upgraded to the CDT cl61a pro comps and loved the silk tweeter compared to the Kappas tweet .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.