Fiero Amp wiring

Okay I just got a 1986 Pontiac Fiero. I'm completely redoing the car, exterior and interior, and I have my new amp 2600watts. However, I need to know how I could go about wiring it from my trunk (front) to the cars system. I could move it to the inside of the car if nessecary but I would prefer for it to be in the trunk since that's where my sub will eventually be going. Any help or suggestions. If you don't know the car it's about the size of a shoe box and doesn't really have much room to work with at all.

I tried installing in my 88 GT Fastback and decided agenst it, Mostly due to the era I tried there really wasnt any small footprint amplifiers that would work. Also expect alot of noise since the car is mostly fiberglass.

I am sure they have stuff today that would help with that but even with an aftermarket CD player I had a tiny bit of alt wine coming though the speakers.

loved my fiero was quick for a 2.8l, one of the most comfortable cars I have ever drove.

Isnt their some sort of holes in the rear wall behind the seats that leads to the front? If their isnt then just make one...then make a hole in the firewall if their isnt one...wire it to the battery...and thats that o_O

Not that I was aware of, the gas tank is located directly between that rear wall and the engine compartment. I think Alot of guy's had to go under the car and up into the front though the trunk/spare tire compartment.

Not an easy car to install in.

Not that I was aware of, the gas tank is located directly between that rear wall and the engine compartment. I think Alot of guy's had to go under the car and up into the front though the trunk/spare tire compartment.
Not an easy car to install in.
LOL that is SO wrong and would be completely retarded if they where mounted like that, espescially as if it was a V6 the exhaust manifold would literally be rubbing the gas tank LOL..... take it from a guy who has owned 4 Fieros and been into them for about 8 years now...

O.P. best way to do it is just to mount the amp behind one of the seats. As for putting your sub(s) in the front compartment, remember you will have to port that area into the cabin. It has been done but in all honesty, not worth it. best way to get some bass is either a shallow mount behind one of the seats or a single 8" up under the dash. The under dash 8" I have done myself and I LOVED it. I am like 6'-1" so I needed all the leg room I could get so nothing behind the seats for me. If you aren't a member yet, join http://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/fiero/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro I guarantee you will never have a fiero related question we can't answer over there!

I sold my last fiero about two years ago now... It was an '87 SE, metallic blue with a 5-speed, like the second most rare one there is. Of course I had put a 3.4L DOHC (LQ1) in it then about a month later turbo'd it so the value wasn't as much as stock but it could have easily been returned to stock... I am hoping someone smashes the back of my cadillac so I have an excuse to pick up another one and do a N* swap!!

LOL that is SO wrong and would be completely retarded if they where mounted like that, espescially as if it was a V6 the exhaust manifold would literally be rubbing the gas tank LOL..... take it from a guy who has owned 4 Fieros and been into them for about 8 years now...
O.P. best way to do it is just to mount the amp behind one of the seats. As for putting your sub(s) in the front compartment, remember you will have to port that area into the cabin. It has been done but in all honesty, not worth it. best way to get some bass is either a shallow mount behind one of the seats or a single 8" up under the dash. The under dash 8" I have done myself and I LOVED it. I am like 6'-1" so I needed all the leg room I could get so nothing behind the seats for me. If you aren't a member yet, join Pennock's Fiero Forum I guarantee you will never have a fiero related question we can't answer over there!

I sold my last fiero about two years ago now... It was an '87 SE, metallic blue with a 5-speed, like the second most rare one there is. Of course I had put a 3.4L DOHC (LQ1) in it then about a month later turbo'd it so the value wasn't as much as stock but it could have easily been returned to stock... I am hoping someone smashes the back of my cadillac so I have an excuse to pick up another one and do a N* swap!!
You are right I got that mixed up with the 2M4's nasty wire harness that would catch fire since it was right over top of the exhaust manifold. I havent owned one since 95, I could have sworn that part of the fuel cell was up on part of the fire wall in the rear.

You are right I got that mixed up with the 2M4's nasty wire harness that would catch fire since it was right over top of the exhaust manifold. I havent owned one since 95, I could have sworn that part of the fuel cell was up on part of the fire wall in the rear.
not trying to pick on you or anything but... but only the '84's had the "fire issue" and it was actually due to the insulation sagging and rubbing against the exhaust manifold and then eventually catching fire. they made 2M4's all 4 years they made fieros and only the '84 had that problem as they changed it in '85. You'll see the '84s had a "grill" in the center where as in 1985 they switched to "humps" in the center and grilled/vents on the sides instead.

Naw I dont think you are picking on me I'll be honest at the time I owned a 84 2M4 and I also had much later in life a 88 Fastback GT, I never really tinkered with these cars other then a few cosmetic astectics and the normal tune up work, So I learned something new I dont claim to know everything about every car out there but I do have a pretty good internal database I have worked on quite a few in my time.

I have owned a crap load of vehicals and only in the last 14+ years have I gotten into mechanicals like my 240sx that I built along with a few other cars.

Anyway OP sorry for the highjack.

O.P. best way to do it is just to mount the amp behind one of the seats. As for putting your sub(s) in the front compartment, remember you will have to port that area into the cabin. It has been done but in all honesty, not worth it. best way to get some bass is either a shallow mount behind one of the seats or a single 8" up under the dash. The under dash 8" I have done myself and I LOVED it. I am like 6'-1" so I needed all the leg room I could get so nothing behind the seats for me. If you aren't a member yet, join Pennock's Fiero Forum I guarantee you will never have a fiero related question we can't answer over there!

Problem with that is that I'm 6'5" and my wife is 5'11" so we got a technical problem cuz if I drive she'll turn off the amp (or at least down) and if she drives (not supporting that at all) it'll most likely knock my knees back out of alignment and **** my world up so I've just decided to replace all the factory speakers with new more powerful ones and run my amp between the seats into the "console". thanks for the help tho.

what series of the N are you going to swap in to it. capt fiero would be able to help you alot he has swaped a cadi 4,9 in to a fiero and he you aren't by chance a member of cadillacforums by chance are you?

I have an 84 fiero. I wired it up about 8 years ago. Never got subs into it (wired it for it and bought them) though and the sound in it was pretty nice for what it was. I just didn't get to the subs. It's on my list to do after finishing the house I'm building (with a third garage bay so that I can work on it). I planned on putting the amps in the trunk. I had two fosgate amps (a 4 channel for the speakers and 2 chan. for the sub) and they fit easily in the small trunk behind the engine. I wouldn't suggest putting the sub in the trunk up front. There really isn't much room and there's a bit of a gap between the trunk and cabin. What I planned (and plan) on doing was putting two small enclosures for shallow mount subs (the Earthquake SWS subs I got for it are still sitting up in my closet), probably made of fiberglass, behind the seats. There really isn't much room there, but there isn't much room anywhere, for much else. I did see one Fiero back when I was looking (like 8 years ago or so) where the owner cut 2 holes in his rear firewall and made enclosures back there, but it was a lot of work and there was something back there that he said he had to avoid.

They're tough to put a system into, and you're not going to put anything big into it, but they are fun to drive.

what series of the N are you going to swap in to it. capt fiero would be able to help you alot he has swaped a cadi 4,9 in to a fiero and he you aren't by chance a member of cadillacforums by chance are you?
I am a member of the cadillac forum, I think I am slow'n'steady over there...

I've already done a N* swap once, wasn't too bad really. However I doubt i will honestly be doing one again anytime soon, IF I did it would be from an ETC like mine and would be turbocharged of course with a 6-speed auto from like a G6 or something...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.